DAS Air Cargo banned from Europe.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sorry Manson, but it seems DAS Air Cargo has been banned from European airspace. Note that this only applies to DAS planes, DAS is allowed to hire a subcharter from other airlines. At AMS for instance we have been getting a few Gemini Air Cargo planes to replace the DAS DC-10s.

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?ID=16455
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/pdf/list_en.pdf

Original post

Member for

18 years 9 months

I am sure someone told me that they can still fly in the UK? I check it out.

James

Member for

24 years 3 months

The first page of te EU document linked to above specifically states that "[DAS Air Cargo] operations are subject to a ban within the [European] Community".

"[DAS Air Cargo is] permitted to exercise traffic rights by using wet-leased aircraft of an air carrier which is not subject to an operating ban, provided that the relevant safety standards are complied with."

Member for

17 years 9 months

DAS Air are still flying in and out today. I am sure papers will be shuffled and they will continue to carry on operating as they have done for many years. The UK CAA have no problem with the state of their aircraft or their procedures.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Sorry Manson, but it seems DAS Air Cargo has been banned from European airspace. Note that this only applies to DAS planes, DAS is allowed to hire a subcharter from other airlines. At AMS for instance we have been getting a few Gemini Air Cargo planes to replace the DAS DC-10s.

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?ID=16455
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/pdf/list_en.pdf

Strange that a DAS DC-10 rumbled in today from Amsterdam.

Member for

17 years 7 months

i agree. this is making no sense. I see DAS air all the time. they even had 1 take off from gatwick yesterday to lagos.

Are we sure we are talking about the DAS air cargo or generally as an airline (they run 5 seperate parts of a DASIRO Air company !!

Member for

17 years 9 months

i agree. this is making no sense. I see DAS air all the time. they even had 1 take off from gatwick yesterday to lagos.

There sure was one in LGW yesterday as i was there and i saw it.

Member for

18 years 9 months

DAS Air are still flying in and out today. I am sure papers will be shuffled and they will continue to carry on operating as they have done for many years. The UK CAA have no problem with the state of their aircraft or their procedures.

The CAA are brillaint with aircraft its just the Damm EU I dont see anything wrong with DAS they have good aircraft? The EU are stupid :mad:

James

Member for

18 years 10 months

I was under the impression that DAS were only on a 'yellow card' list - like I think PIA. This is where they are just monitered carefully but face no restrictions.

Member for

17 years 7 months

if thats the case then this topic can be closed. LOL
I am all for DAs air cargo if they prove there worth. Manston on the other hand needs someone who is solid as an operator (i.e 0 mk airlines) and not jsut a new start up out to take over the world.

Member for

18 years 10 months

BTW I'm not 100% on that - can anyone elaborate further?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well, I saw it at AMS today. So either the list is wrong, or there is another DAS Air Cargo flying around? Could that be it?

Member for

18 years 5 months

URGENT STATEMENT FROM DAIRO AIR SERVICES/DAS AIR CARGO
ON THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION BAN LISTING.

Date: 16 October 2006 : 15:00 GMT

Issued By Dairo Air Services, Uganda/ DAS Air Cargo

Dairo Air Services, Uganda wishes to put on record, in the strongest terms, its
objection over the decision by the European Commission to include both Dairo
Air Services and DAS Air Cargo on the most recent list of carriers banned from
operating into and out of the European Union.

Neither Dairo Air Services or DAS Air Cargo received any prior notification that
the European Commission was considering such action, nor has any
justification for this decision been received by the Ugandan Civil Aviation
Authority, the airlines controlling authority. Therefore the company has been
unable to exercise any right of defence, which is embodied within the spirit
and letter of the European Union Directive which established the list.
The Ugandan Civil Aviation Authority and the Airline have always responded
to all communication from European airworthiness authorities when received;
it is after all in the interest of both parties to do so. If any communication
from the European Commission had been received prior to the publication of
the list then we are certain that through dialogue an operating ban would
have been avoided.

The ban entered into effect from Midnight on 14 October 2006 and as a
consequence, all operations to and from Europe have been suspended.
In an effort to protect the business the company is making strenuous efforts
to have the ban lifted, whilst a period of consultation can take place to
resolve any concerns that the European Commission may have.

Member for

18 years 9 months

Cheers mate for info lets hope they do get to lift the ban stupid European Commission

james

Member for

24 years 3 months

Cheers mate for info lets hope they do get to lift the ban stupid European Commission

james

This is not a decision from the EC. The ban is implemented by the pan-European Joint Aviation Autorities (JAA). If one of the JAA members decide to ban an airline, then the other European aviation autorities will follow. Untill we hear which autority originally banned DAS, and the reason behind it, we can not point fingers.

Member for

18 years 5 months

There's a DAS flight routeing Benghazi-Ostend-Gatwick today. It not one of their 5X machines but a Gemini Air Cargo DC-10....Interesting.

Member for

17 years 9 months

DAS Air is using two Gemini aircraft in Europe until the situation is resolved, their own fleet are flying in Africa etc.

Member for

18 years 9 months

DAS Air is using two Gemini aircraft in Europe until the situation is resolved, their own fleet are flying in Africa etc.

Cool at least its still a DC-10 but I hope Das gets the lift :(

James

Member for

18 years 5 months

An update on the ban from their website.

Link

Member for

18 years 9 months

An update on the ban from their website.

Link

lets hope they are flying back in europe very soon

James

Member for

17 years 7 months

change topic slightly but i noticed Kent escapes programme next year will be run ASTRAEUS aircraft 737-800's or 757's cool stuff...