another lba post by "lba rlz"

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 10 months

Does anyone vist the dirt track at the end of rwy 32 (the pan) . Does anyone bother to go to :
Eastern End
Aircraft parked at the eastern edge of the apron are difficult to identify. There is a Garden Centre nearby, from where you may be able to read off some of these aircraft. However, ground equipment and nose-in parking sometimes prevent a clear view.

Is Yeadon Moor road any good (the one which is next to whitehouse lane , not the one which goes the the emergency exit fence but the one wich goes right next to the plane parking areas)

I have heard that there is a foot path which goes from plane tree hill all the round round to the end of rwy 32. Is this true?

Original post

Member for

17 years 10 months

Do big planes e.g 757 backtrack rwy 32 to where that pentagon shaped thing is or do they justm go on the runaway from taxiway D

Member for

18 years 1 month

Your answer is yes, you can read the regs off when down the foot path. You will need some binoks tho, and B757 use D taxiway all the time.

Hope i answered your question

I like the title ;)

Danny

Member for

18 years 2 months

If you look a few posts back there is a site posted which shows all the spotting locations.

The garden centre is way to far away to see anything!

Member for

20 years 10 months

On LBA related news, apparantly as planned, the A300 did operate for Onur Air this morning to/from Dalaman. Don't know the registration or anything.

Really must get out of my pit a couple of times this summer, and go and get some photos! Can't miss the only regular widebody at LBA.

Member for

19 years 8 months

OHY7335 LTBS-EGNM was/is showing as a A306, we get it in Aldergrove once a week too and the other flight is A321, variety :D

Member for

20 years 10 months

We get an A321 from Bodrum, and now the A300 from Dalaman! Excellent :D.

Member for

19 years

So does anyone know what loads were on the flight?

Member for

20 years 10 months

According to a poster on the ever reliable (*ahem*) Pprune, the first outbound had a load of 310 people! If the case, that is excellent!

Member for

18 years

Reg for the A300-600R was TC-OAH