Thomsonfly at lba last night 13/07/2006

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

I was at work (down road from LBA) when i saw a Thomson 757 pass over very low directly over LBA at also seemed to be going slow! Just wondering if any one else saw it and could help me understand what was happening?

Original post

Member for

18 years 6 months

I see aircrafts like that, maybe there was just a aircraft infront of him and he had to slow down? I normally see the odd 767 and it looks like its going so slow! but its porbably only going 160 knots?

Jon

Member for

19 years 8 months

I see aircrafts like that, maybe there was just a aircraft infront of him and he had to slow down?

You gotta be kidding me, not at Leeds surely! :p ;)

Flex

Member for

18 years 2 months

Seen that a few times up here in NCL but not often

Member for

17 years 10 months

I was at work (down road from LBA) when i saw a Thomson 757 pass over very low directly over LBA at also seemed to be going slow! Just wondering if any one else saw it and could help me understand what was happening?

I wonder if it was under radar direction for a landing approach? - I was up at LBA this lunchtime, and the TOM 757 flew directly over the field, at 4,000 ft, then was given a radar heading of 330 degrees, which put him downwind for runway 14.

This type of procedural approach happens regularly at Doncaster, especially when the radar feed from Waddington is unreliable, or if the approach frequency is not being used.