NCL Tuesday.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

Evening all.

On Tuesday im going to be at NCL all day shadowing a member of staff at British Airways to see how things are ran *praying to god i get to go airside*. Anywho Ive just brought my self a new camera and spent last Wednesday getting to grips with it with my g/f oddly enough under the flight path into NCL. So i was wondering could any one tell me where the best spots are at NCL to get pictures of aircraft?

Also is there anything special due in Tuesday?

cheers

Luke.

Original post

Member for

19 years

depends what runway is in use, if 7 then the frieght village i guess, if 25 then if you go to the hill opposite the landing lights you can get shots of the a/c taxiing, or dinnington if you can get there!

let me know how you get on.....taking shots of your girlfriend oh aye!!!!:)

jason

Member for

18 years 4 months

depends what runway is in use, if 7 then the frieght village i guess, if 25 then if you go to the hill opposite the landing lights you can get shots of the a/c taxiing, or dinnington if you can get there!

let me know how you get on.....taking shots of your girlfriend oh aye!!!!:)

jason

aye the view was much better than any aircraft haha

cheers mate depends on how the day go's really might pop up later this afternoon and do a recce, just as soon as ive got rid of this hangover.

Member for

20 years 5 months

You could get the 101 bus from the front of the airport to Dinnington.

Member for

18 years 4 months

You could get the 101 bus from the front of the airport to Dinnington.

So there is a bus service that runs to the airport, cheers mate it pureley depends on what i get upto through the day then again i think i may look at little daft standing there taking pics in a suit, but none the less i want to try my hand at avation photography.

Member for

18 years 10 months

So there is a bus service that runs to the airport, cheers mate it pureley depends on what i get upto through the day then again i think i may look at little daft standing there taking pics in a suit, but none the less i want to try my hand at avation photography.

Don't forget to share your handiwork with us! Look forward to seeing some shots and enjoy your day on Tuesday.

Regards, Phil.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Don't forget to share your handiwork with us! Look forward to seeing some shots and enjoy your day on Tuesday.

Regards, Phil.

Dont worry mate i will be doubt they will be anywhere near as good as my fellow ncl'ers but i shall give it a try.

Any thing i should look out for tuesday?
Id like to catch some RAF aircraft but i guess they just show up with out telling any one?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Regards, Phil.

I'd sooner see the 'handiwork' of his girlfriend ;). Just messing... :D.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Id like to catch some RAF aircraft but i guess they just show up with out telling any one?

:D Any RAF aircraft ?

James

Member for

18 years 4 months

:D Any RAF aircraft ?

James

Im going tomorrow mate, but i did see at nimrod and a sentry in the circuit for ncl from corbridge, the nimrod went round twice and the sentry came in low 3 times.

Member for

18 years 4 months

I'd sooner see the 'handiwork' of his girlfriend ;). Just messing... :D.

haha well if your lucky mate if i take some pics i'll post one of her.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Right dudes im back was an awesome day got to see loads of areas of the airport damn its been a while. Was unable to take my new camera as me dad knicked off with it last night!! Took a few pics but most of them were crap but heres some. When driving up the run way we had to vacate it rather fast seen as a easyjet captain decided to call in from 6 miles out! Cue a fast dash to the end of the runway!! I also had lunch in the british airways lounge next to the departure gates which was loverly.

Number one is the plane that took the england team to Germany, even got to sit in the cockpit OH YEAH!!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/lukeylad/DSCF1182.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/lukeylad/DSCF1188.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/lukeylad/DSCF1189.jpg

Number 4 shows the runway at newcastle airport and damn that things long.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/lukeylad/DSCF1193.jpg

was going to go the end of the runway but i was offered a ride home in the managers porsche and like hell was i going to turn that down!!!

Member for

18 years 3 months

great pics there mate, well done glad you enjoyed it!. :)

Member for

20 years 9 months

Nice selection of pics, glad you enjoyed the day :).

Member for

17 years 10 months

Great photos lukeylad, and well done your 1st attempt is brill! xx

Member for

18 years 8 months

nice shots how long is NCL runway?

James

Member for

18 years 4 months

hey dudes back from the chillis gig was awesome anywho back to ncl, not to sure about the length mate but i know this the 747 cant take off from ncl with a heavy load. same for the triple 777.

infact the A330 sometimes struggles to get airborne from ncl.

Plans are in place to extend the runway a 100 metres or so some time in the next few years.

BA wont be sending up 757s now for the heathrow and gatwick runs as BA are getting rid of the 757. Infact theres a chance we may see a BA 767 in from time to time.

Member for

18 years 4 months

nice shots how long is NCL runway?

James

hey dude found out the lengths for you:

Length of the ncl runway is 7,650 feet.

Member for

18 years 8 months

hey dude found out the lengths for you:

Length of the ncl runway is 7,650 feet.

:eek: wow That is short :cool:

James

Member for

18 years 4 months

:eek: wow That is short :cool:

James

Aye i know no wonder 747s cant take of it heavyly loaded.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Also there goning to extend it a 100 metres or so next year.