New Self Check-in Services At Manchester

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Hello,

Well, just been reading this seasons 'Great Escape' magazine at Manchester and read an article about these new Self service check-in, and you may of seen them if you are passing through terminal 1 or 2, there a greenish yellow colour and basiclly 58 kiosks have been placed in Terminal 1 & 2, the following airlines can use it

-Excel Airways
-First Choice
-Flybe
-KLM
-Monarch Schedualed
-My Travel
-Thomas Cook
-Thomsonfly
-Virgin Atlantic

i saw one today and gave it ago, well upto where it says enter you details! ;)

Im travelling with Travel City Direct who have merged with Excel Airways, i think i can use them as the flights are in XLA codes! anyone know if i can?

Thanks Jon

Original post

Member for

18 years 2 months

Cool, I think we only have BA and KL at NCL

Member for

19 years 10 months

I wonder if this works with things like Premiar gold and Star Class Premier, knowing you need priority tags and the like

Member for

20 years 1 month

I saw them in T2 in April, looked smart in that Green colour!

Member for

17 years 9 months

can you pick your own seats

Member for

19 years 10 months

can you pick your own seats

If its the same system of the BMI or BA ones, then yes because I did when checking-in using the machines.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Great news! Hopefully it will ease up the congestion at the other desks. Ill have to try them when I go with Thomsonfly and Monarch this summer.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Yer, i hope you can choose your own seat, but im presuming you can because otherwise, you'll have to go somewhere to get an allocated seat. and im going to send Travel City Direct an e-mail asking them if i can use it, altough i think we might be able to.

Jon :)

Member for

19 years 10 months

Next weekend I'm travelling ABZ-LHR-BCN-AGP.
ABZ-LHR is BA, whereas LHR-BCN-AGP is with Iberia. Would we be able to use the self service check-in at Aberdeen for all 3 sectors?

Member for

19 years 10 months

I know that first choice dont let you select your own seat so it cannot do it for some airlines.