Question, What If?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Was just wondering what if British Airlines that were once around, i.e. Dan Air, Orion, B-Cal and Air Europe to name but a few. What would there fleets be today.

I was thinking of Dan Air 757s, would B-cal used B777 for example. These are just a few to name. Anybody else share this idea?

Rgds

Andy

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Why don't we extend this concept to carriers worldwide, like Pan Am for instance. Financial struggles aside, let's assume PA were able to overcome most of the obstacles that troubled it back in the day, but weren't necessarily immune to the mess that UA, DL, AA, etc. are currently dealing with. By virtue that PA was the launch customer for the 707 and 747, if they were still around today, I think it would be safe to say they'd have a fleet consisting of 737NG's, 757's, 744's, and 777's. Perhaps they could have been launch customers, along with UA, for the trip-7 given their long tradition with Boeing. One can only dream.

Member for

20 years 2 months

I was only basing it on British Charter airlines from my point as being on this side of the pond as they have more interest to me. Is there any pics around of Photoshoped Dan Air 75s, would love to see what they would of looked like.

Rgds

Andy

Member for

18 years 9 months

Wish all those UK airlines mentioned were still going of their own accord.

Of course BA "took good care" of B-Cal & Danair didn't they?

Recall Air Europe went bust, but what became of Orion? I seem to think they were absorbed into Britannia for some reason, probably totally wrong.

Just think if all those independents were still in their pomp, perhaps Ryanair would still have been flying Rombac 1-11s!!!

Member for

18 years 5 months

Richard,

Orion was the in-house airline of Horizon Tours which was bought out by Thomson, the airline was absorbed into Britannia

Member for

19 years 2 months

Wilag

IIRC correctly there was some mention of Dan Air and A310s - of course they operated A300s, so this would seem to make sense...

Member for

18 years 8 months

Air Europe, possibly still 757's and 737-800s.
Caledonian, well even if they didn't join JMC (Thomas Cook) they would of retired their L1011's and DC10's and i predict they would of had A330's as replacements.
Dan Air, Im going for a prediction of 737-800s.
Orian Airways, Still operating 737-300's however an addition of 737-800s too.

Some other airlines to mention too.

Laker Air, Im guessing they would have A330's.
Leisure International, Still having 767-300s they would of also had 737-700s.