Bank Holiday weekend sub-chartering

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years

Lots of sub-chartering of aircraft going on this bank holiday weekend, I've come across two interesting ones, anyone else seen any more unexpected last minute aircraft around?

Easyjet brought in a Thomas Cook 757 to Bristol yesterday to cover some flights.

bmi Baby have been using a bmi Mainline A320 on some flights over the weekend as well.

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Well ok, we know XL use TCD a/c, but a 743 went to PMI from MAN, whist TOM used an Air Pullmantur 742 on the FAO run from MAN!

Member for

19 years 4 months

Helios used a Dubrovnik MD83 on NCL-LCA-NCL ;)
Also they've used an Air Slovakia 757 recently ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Friday at LPL saw G-THOL opf EZY on a PMI rotation (positioned in from DSA), and I-AIGC of Air Italy on a Futura Mahon Service.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Helios used a Dubrovnik MD83 on NCL-LCA-NCL ;)
Also they've used an Air Slovakia 757 recently ;)

They've been using them aircraft on alot of the Manchester routes aswell.

Member for

19 years 9 months

GSM 767 was in BFS yesterday operating for EZY.

Member for

20 years 11 months

GSM 76'!? Wow what a bonus that would be if you were expecting a 319/737!

Member for

18 years 8 months

Who are companies like Air Italy, Euro Atlantic. They always seem to have spare a/c and operate subcharters alot.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The GSM Operated a 767 to BFS as David said. It did BFS-LTN-BFS then back to Glasgow. Would have been a welcome increase from a B737-700!

Member for

18 years 4 months

At CWL, to catch up with the bad weather delays from Friday which spilled over onto saturdays schedule:
XLA CWL-DLM - Air Greenland 757-200
TOM CWL-CFU - GSM 767-300
TOM also brought in one of their 752' to operate CWL-BOJ
and another of their 737's to operate CWL-PUL for cruise pax that should have got on the ship in CFU
And i think a BMI mainline was in to help BMI Baby to catch up on their schedule