could some one tell me what airline has the flight code jn they fly out of ema

Original post

Member for

18 years 4 months

Excel Airways.

Member for

17 years 11 months

flight code

oh right thats suprised me thought theirs were exl but why different for ema then any1 know

Member for

20 years 1 month

Its the code for UK Jet, who operate an MD-80 on behalf of XL, and seem to be very delayed @ EMA :p

Member for

18 years 10 months

oh right thats suprised me thought theirs were exl but why different for ema then any1 know

XLA surely?

Member for

17 years 11 months

yea xla sory but yes seem to be having a lot of delays even coached pax up to manchester this morn for palma flight are we seeing another air scandic here

Member for

17 years 11 months

i am also very concerned we are flying to sandford in sept booked with travel city direct but now flying with xla who i believe use air atlanta planes went with them 2 years ago and it was very poor i was hopeing they have got their act together but other forums are saying planes still old and shabby and delays are the norm

Member for

19 years 3 months

Most (if not all) airlines use a 3 letter and a 2 letter code...

Excel's is XLA & JN.

I've noticed recently that Excel have been using all sorts on their flights recently.... XLA, JN, EUK & KM....

With EUK being Air Atlanta Europe and KM being Air Malta, they all have connections now! Here at Birmingham we have an Air Malta a/c operating mostly under KM but also some with JN....

Hope this helps,

Member for

20 years

i am also very concerned we are flying to sandford in sept booked with travel city direct but now flying with xla who i believe use air atlanta planes
Whose aircraft do you think Travel City Direct use? :diablo:

Member for

18 years 4 months

Its the code for UK Jet, who operate an MD-80 on behalf of XL, and seem to be very delayed @ EMA :p

Ah so that's what I saw. Thought it was the Jet2 Nordic Jet.

Member for

17 years 11 months

i thought travel city direct use xla aircraft that are on lease from air atlanta our flight code shows xla 130 and the 747 at manchester has travel city direct on side but xla on tail but was told they are leased from air atlanta

Member for

24 years 3 months

The UKJet at EMA is SX-BSW which was formerly SE-RDH which Air Scandic used last summer - and look what happened to them! - , it had a habit of going tech at every available opportunity and looks set to do the same this summer as well, not a very good advert for Excel!

-Dazza

Member for

18 years 4 months

The sat CWL-PMI flight is on a W pattern with EMA.(EMA-PMI-CWL-PMI-EMA). The PMI-CWL was operated into LGW on G-XLAA and coached back to CWL, yet the CWL-PMI was operated as normal, on the MD-80 (i think) The MD-80 was tech in turkey but by looks of it was fixed in time to do the CWL-PMI-EMA in the afternoon. XL had a bad day of it yesterday trying to find replacement aircraft. The TCD CWL-SFB is going under an JN flight number this year. Its all basically the same company and most is sooner or later going to absorb into one.

Member for

18 years 7 months

I thought JN was the schedualed Code For Excel Airways?

Jon

Member for

17 years 11 months

seem to be having same luck today has yesterday kalamata flight put delayed over 10 hours

Member for

18 years 7 months

I thought JN was the schedualed Code For Excel Airways?

Yes, I believe you are right...or at least that is what I thought! :D

Usually, airlines with three letter codes are chartered services (i.e MON, FCA, TCX, XLA) but some of these airlines do offer some scheduled services as well...which would result in them using a 2-letter code.

In particular, I know that First Choice operate scheduled services to Cyprus from LGW, using the prefix 'DP'...

Hope this is right, and that it helps...

i am also very concerned we are flying to sandford in sept booked with travel city direct but now flying with xla who i believe use air atlanta planes went with them 2 years ago and it was very poor i was hopeing they have got their act together but other forums are saying planes still old and shabby and delays are the norm

XLA owns Travel City Direct, don't they? I get so :confused: nowadays

Anyways, whether they own them or not, I have never had the pleasure of flying with them, and tbh I would rather pay the extra to fly with a scheduled airline for any long-haul journey as quality on charter airlines is no way near as good as something like BA or Virgin's service.

Member for

19 years 2 months

There is no diferentiation between 2 and 3 letter codes. They are just the different standards of ICAO and IATA like the difference in airport codes.

Member for

19 years

Doesn't look to good for Excel atm, I've noticed they've had tonnes of delays including a 24+ hour from the Carribean (If Im correct). Anyway, I know Excel use the JN code on ACARS instead of there normal code.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Yer i saw the 767-300 (G-VKNH) this morning arrived around 26 hours late from Barbados.

And ive been told by Excel Airways that, "TravelCityDirect & Excel Airways are sister companies and all planes are shared with the 'group'." Quoted From the e-mail they sent me.

Jon

Member for

20 years 1 month

A TCD 743 flew MAN-PMA today too!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Surprise, surprise, SX-BSW has gone tech again, two XLA flights into EMA this afternoon operated by TC-AKN (World Focus Airlines) and G-XLAA (Excel), great news for spotters, not so good for the SLF! :rolleyes:

-Dazza