Is it real ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just browsing on another site and came accross this. Is it for real ? Can't see it myself but in this day and age who knows ?

A new airport to the database. EDS private is located about 12 miles north west of Pinal Airpark. MZJ Any preference for a runway?

Attachments
Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Looks to me like a helicopter landing strip. The same can be seen somewhere around Fort Rucker.

Member for

24 years 2 months

or is it where the UFOs land in Area 51 ;)

Member for

20 years 8 months

Just browsing on another site and came accross this. Is it for real ? Can't see it myself but in this day and age who knows ?

A new airport to the database. EDS private is located about 12 miles north west of Pinal Airpark. MZJ Any preference for a runway?

Abit pointless isn't it? The runways are all marked With a large H at each end indicating that they are intended for helicopters. Why do helicopters need runways

Member for

24 years 2 months

Abit pointless isn't it? The runways are all marked With a large H at each end indicating that they are intended for helicopters. Why do helicopters need runways

Presumably it saves them a bit of fuel if they attempt a conventional 'fixed wing' sort of take off ? Much like with the Harrier...

Member for

18 years 3 months

It happens at LBA as well, the helicopters are like a mile away and they have to fly over the taxiways, then onto the runway. They actually act like they're on a take off roll and at the end they 'rotate.'

Member for

18 years 3 months

Anything to do with Silver Bell AHP at Marana?