New Airline called "Silverjet"

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

After doing a search on here, with no results, I thought I'd post this.
http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article363083.ece
It is a new airline that is hoping to launch business class flights twice-daily between London Luton and New york Newark.
Anyone know anything about this?

Original post

Member for

19 years

Article in this month's Airliner World about it. Plans to acquire 2 B767-200s with 100 seats.It hopes to launch later this year and expand to a fleet of 10 aircraft within 3-5 years.

Member for

20 years 5 months

There seems to be a glut of start ups wanting to fly London-JFK

Member for

19 years

There seems to be a glut of start ups wanting to fly London-JFK

Indeed, although the article stresses that Silverjet were actually in development for over a year so they aren't just copying Eos and Maxjet, which seem to be doing quite well.

Member for

18 years 9 months

The reason that Maxjet and Eos make money, and undercut the traditional carriers, is that there's no economy section. The economy section on transatlantic flights is subsidised by the premium cabins, because they will accept higher fares (Service & Product is what they're after), wheras economy will be far more cost conscious. So is there a market for it? Eos and Maxjet certainly have. Is that market saturated? Who knows!

I'm not convinced by Luton though - if they use the terminal :(:(:(
But if plans to use the private jet facilities go ahead, that could be far better.

Member for

18 years 6 months

You may of notice I have deleted my previous post from this thread, the reason being is becuase I have had a change of opinion now that I have seen their website: http://www.flysilverjet.com/homepage.htm

They do look to be a professional group, and they do have some good ideas. I especially like the plans to use the private jet facilities at LTN rather than the terminal building, adds that bit more elegance to it don't you think.