Iberia A320 Emergency Landing@Dublin

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

An Iberian Airbus A320 on approach to Dublin Airport had to make an emergency landing after a fire broke out in one of its power generators. All 97 passengers and 6 crew made emergency exits down the chutes from the plane while Airport fire tenders tackled the fire.The Airport was shut down for over an hour.The incident happened at around 8pm tonight.

Original post

Member for

18 years 4 months

Link to a pic HERE Looks like little or no damage, good job. :)

Member for

18 years 6 months

By powerplant do we mean engine?

Weather that nacelle looks ok or not is no indication as to whether that engines ever gonna be of much use.

Member for

19 years 9 months

I believe it was the APU, might also explain why the rear exits weren't used.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Lucky people get to go down the slides :p

Member for

20 years 10 months

Lucky people get to go down the slides :p

Not sure they'd agree.

1L.

Member for

24 years 3 months

There are very few occasions where slides are used and nobody gets hurt. We would only ever get people to use them if there really is no other option. It's not a decision to take lightly.

Member for

18 years 9 months

for the crew to evac the ac with no injurys is amazing we (c/crew) expect at least a few broken ankles and wrists. good call not to use the rear slides. the o/wing slides dont get that close to the tail.

Id rather be on the ground wishing i was in the air than being in the air wishing i was on the ground :dev2:

Member for

24 years 3 months

There are very few occasions where slides are used and nobody gets hurt. We would only ever get people to use them if there really is no other option. It's not a decision to take lightly.

As proved in the recent A380 evac test. Man gets broken leg, but that's considered to be within the realms of acceptable risk.