Centralwings pull LBA

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

Just checked the booking system for centralwings, looks bad news for LBA, you cant book after may 4, but you can book on any other root, but its ok for us spotters at LBA because we never see it ;) , but a great shame to lose it

Danny

Original post

Member for

18 years 3 months

Well that was quick...

Low pax numbers?

Member for

18 years 1 month

Low pax numbers?

No, what i have heard that its been doing well

Danny

Member for

19 years

Over 100 passengers on most flights.....things rather odd here?!

Member for

20 years 10 months

No one has actually said that it has been pulled have they?

I can't see them dropping it so quickly when it's doing so well and they've just started marketing the route.

Member for

18 years

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i was gona go to poland in winter from lba i was gona book next week

Member for

18 years

any way was there ever a link from lba to Saudi Arabia ?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Well it will be a dissapointment for LBA. But I think they have their aircraft over utilised. They have 4 routes into DUB with at least 2 flights a day somedays 4 and the amount of lenghty delays they have is ridicolous.

They need to cut down on routes and give their aircraft some down time and look after the routes which are making money.

Im not saying LBA-Poland isnt making money but Ireland-Poland is BIG business and the last thing they need is long delays espeically now that Ryanair are competeing on the routes.

On a side not WizzAir have just announced they will fly 3 times weekly betwwen Cork and Katowice.

Member for

19 years 11 months

I am certain Jet2 would would have a go at the route if they could find more aircraft and crews.
Although I am always puzzled at the selection of WARSAW over Krakow as Krakow attracted more visitors than Prague last year.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Your probably right Andrew.

As much as I'd love to see C0 expand from LBA, maybe Jet2 could provide a more reliable service? I'm sure they will start an Eastern Europe route from LBA, especially if this route has done well.

According to someone who works for Servisair at LBA on Pprune, last night's flight had 107 outbound, 139 + 4 inbound, which is pretty damn good for what is a reletively new route. Surely they are not dropping this route because of pax numbers.

Member for

20 years 2 months

The loads from DUB are also amazing and they have just started advertising on buses etc. I do think its to allow more down time for its aircraft to try and reduce the number of tech delays.

Member for

20 years 10 months

They've just started advertising in West Yorkshire on buses also! Was following a bus with a Centralwings advert on the back, and a Jet2 advert for Milan on the side yesterday!

Member for

18 years 8 months

A blow but i could see it happening. Stuff like this does happen at LBA, we have lost SweFly, Air Transat etc in past 5-6 years.

Member for

20 years 10 months

And we have gained Jet2, Astraeus, Air Southwest etc etc. LBA is DEFINITLY going in the right direction.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Remember the so called Planet Air that was going to have 1 MD-83 :D
Imagine if that went ahead and they had their own plane lol
There would of been alot of delays :D

Member for

20 years 10 months

Well Planetair did go ahead, using AEU 737 to AGP, Hola 737 to PMI, LTE/Spanair A321's to Tenerife, and Air Luxor A321 to Faro!

They were due to operate Finnair 757's to ACE and TFS the year after, wish it would have happened, Jet2 were just to strong with them with frequencies/timings.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Well it will be a dissapointment for LBA. But I think they have their aircraft over utilised. They have 4 routes into DUB with at least 2 flights a day somedays 4 and the amount of lenghty delays they have is ridicolous.

They need to cut down on routes and give their aircraft some down time and look after the routes which are making money.

Im not saying LBA-Poland isnt making money but Ireland-Poland is BIG business and the last thing they need is long delays espeically now that Ryanair are competeing on the routes.

On a side not WizzAir have just announced they will fly 3 times weekly betwwen Cork and Katowice.

Tell me about it, incredibly unreliable!! Although in fairness they have been doing alright from EDI since they got their latest B737.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Remember the so called Planet Air that was going to have 1 MD-83 :D
Imagine if that went ahead and they had their own plane lol
There would of been alot of delays :D

Yeah one of our college teachers owned it. Think its safe to say he's still bitter about its failure and Jet2 to this day... ;)

Member for

17 years 10 months

Hi everyone
Regular viewer - First time post
Guess who is due to fly with centralwings from LBA to WAW in July. Guessed right.
Having read today's posts, I rang centralwings and the rep confirmed that all flights after May "are on hold", and a decision will be made on either 9/10 May.
Hope this info helps.

stazi

Member for

20 years 10 months

Thanks for the post mate, let's hope they keep the flights going!

Member for

19 years

Yeah one of our college teachers owned it. Think its safe to say he's still bitter about its failure and Jet2 to this day... ;)

.....yes and ask him if he and his brother have had any success in any of the business they have ventured into? lol