Make up your own airline!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 7 months

Bored on a Saturday afternoon and was wondering; If you were to have an airline, what would it be called, where would it be based, where would it fly to and with which aircraft type?!

Mine would be:
FlyAirways based at London Gatwick terminal N using an A321, B737-700 and B767-300er flying to Manchester, Dublin, Cork, Amsterdam, Paris CDG, Milan Linate, Dubai/Bahrain, Madrid, Barcelona, New York JFK, Miami and Rio De Janeiro/Tenerife Sur.

Original post

Member for

17 years 11 months

k.

Mine would my easyfly and i would fly to all spanish destinations and i would use the 757-200 767-300 A320

Member for

18 years 10 months

Mine would my easyfly and i would fly to all spanish destinations and i would use the 757-200 767-300 A320

763 is a rather large a/c for a Spanish flight. You'll be out of business in no time. :D

Member for

19 years 8 months

Mine would be....called Dan-Air (original) but i would use a mix of A320/321 on short to medium haul routes round europe,north africa,scandinavia,middle east and baltic/russian routes.
Generally it would be a lo-co carrier, but not in the poverty specification of ryanair (abliet they do make millions), there would customer service and allocated seating...

Just aslong as you keep your overheads down,then you can be called a lo-co carrier

Member for

18 years 8 months

I may contribute later, its something I've thought a lot about - however, it would definately be in the same segment of the market as Dan - low cost, but with frills available to purchase, as well as online check in (which, in the long run saves the airlines money, so I can't see why more of the lo-co airlines haven't picked it up..)

Member for

19 years 4 months

Airline Name: UKanfly
Start-up Fleet: 2x E170's, 5 options.
Base: Glasgow International (GLA, EGPF)
Destinations: Paris Orly, Munich and Madrid
Frequency: ORY - 3x daily, MUC and MAD 1x daily.
Service: Somewhere in between low cost and full service.

If successful:

Expansion to Edinburgh, with flights to Madrid and Zurich.

Continue to build up a good customer base, possibly expand the Scottish bases if demand is there, if not, start flights from BHX.

Gaz

Member for

18 years 1 month

myne would me connect air, I would use a310 or som8 like that and fly from lba to pakistan via turkey

Member for

18 years 1 month

ATW Around the world
Airbus 380
Airbus 310
Boeing 777

Member for

18 years 10 months

Why does everyone want to operate "No Frills" short haul from small airports? :confused:

If we are talking in a dream world, and money no object, which I presume we are, I'd operate a fleet of B744's with a minimum 36" seat pitch in Economy. And all the usual extras in Business and First.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Why does everyone want to operate "No Frills" short haul from small airports? :confused:

If we are talking in a dream world, and money no object, which I presume we are, I'd operate a fleet of B744's with a minimum 36" seat pitch in Economy. And all the usual extras in Business and First.

I'm guessing the 'aim' of the excercise would be to still have your fictional airline in business after a couple of months :P

Member for

17 years 11 months

Mine would be a Airline which would offer Aircraft for short/long contracts to Airlines which need extra capacity or companies which would like an Aircraft for a flight.

I would call it Air Jupiter, and the fleet would consist of:

1 Airbus A320, 1 BAe 146 and 1 MD-83.

We would be based at Nottingham East Midlands Airport and operate sports contracts, private hire, and long term/short term contracts for Airlines which require extra capacity. Also, our Aircraft would be avaliable for Airlines if one of their fleet was to go tech.

The cabins would be in a Layout of Maximum Legal Seating Capacity inside.

A320 and 146 avaliable in 'Luxury Interiors' and MD-83 in maximum capacity outfit permemantly.

I think this concept has the capability of being a nice earner.

Airscan

Member for

18 years 8 months

PurpleJet

I would base at Leeds Bradford, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Stansted all different parts of the country and would operate to Spanish destinations such as Palma, Alicante, Malaga using MD83's and for longer routes i would have more comfertable 757s equipt with TV's operating to Tenerife, Larnaca, New York and Orlando.
An airline with MD83's and 757s would be ideal and maybe also add a 767-200.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Mine would be AlphaOne. oh, sorry, someone already had an imaginary airline called that didn't they?

Regards,

kev35

Member for

19 years 4 months

GKirk Airways ;)
Based at NCL
NCL:
3 x ERJ145s for flights to FRA (3 x Daily), SVG (2 x Daily), BGO (1 x Daily) and ZRH (2 x Daily)
3 x EMB170 for flights to AMS (3 x Daily), CDG (3 x Daily), DUB (3 x Daily)
2 B737-700 for flights to BCN (1 x Daily), OSL (1 x Daily), PMI (1 x Daily) and STN (4 X Daily)
2 x B767-200ER for flights to JFK (1 x Daily), SFB (3 x weekly), YYZ (3 x weekly)

Member for

18 years 7 months

thanks everyone for your airlines! they are all really good, especially the azure air livery one! How can u design one?!! where do u go?

Member for

18 years 7 months

thanks everyone for your airlines! they are all really good, especially the azure air livery one! How can u design one?!! where do u go?

On the website, www.cardatabse.net/modifiedairlinerphotos, click on the request photos forum on the right (you'll probably have to become a member, it's free and stuff) and submit a thread stating what livery you want and aircraft and someone might paint it for you.

Member for

18 years 10 months

I'm guessing the 'aim' of the excercise would be to still have your fictional airline in business after a couple of months :P

How so?

There are MORE than enough No Frills airlines running these routes already.
Ergo... more competition.

And I dont see Richard Branson complaining about the way his airline is going.
Don't Virgin offer that little bit extra (in First) like Door to Door service.

Just one example of a Large "Private" Airline that's doing fine.

And...

Aren't "United" the largest Private Airline in the World?

Or maybe that's 2 examples.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Maybe an airline flying DC-7s from NY to LA............or Boeing 377s from NY to UK..............

Member for

18 years 8 months

How so?

There are MORE than enough No Frills airlines running these routes already.
Ergo... more competition.

And I dont see Richard Branson complaining about the way his airline is going.
Don't Virgin offer that little bit extra (in First) like Door to Door service.

Just one example of a Large "Private" Airline that's doing fine.

And...

Aren't "United" the largest Private Airline in the World?

Or maybe that's 2 examples.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you said about economy seats - I'd say that the no frills market can still increase, particularily regarding UK domestic flights - saturation point hasn't been reached yet.

I'd also prefer to run a 'virgin' style airline, offering incredible service to passengers, but on the LON-NYC route, its (at the moment) a very saturated market - time will tell if MaxJet manages to keep themselves in business.

The problem on 744's is establishing youself and gaining a good revenue stream within a short period of time, to be able to afford the aircraft.

The one area that seems to need a player is cheaper first/business class fares - as discussed before, first class is extremely expensive - it wouldn't cost too much to bring the cost of first seats down - whilst still being profitable...

Member for

17 years 11 months

Nice ideas all, looks like the Holiday Airline ideas are still a popular idea!