MAN 06R Threshold Viewing help

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

Afternoon all

Tomorrow i'll be heading over to MAN. Armed with my brother's Car, and with the winds from the north tomorrow, 06's seem to be the runways used, so i was wodnering how easy is it to get to the 06R threshold?.

Multimap shows little country lanes heading in its direction, but is it safe to do park there, and are there places to park?

Help would be much appreciated, or i'll be heading to the AVP all day, which presonally i don't want to do :)

Original post

Member for

20 years 2 months

I would suggest either parking at the hotel just under the runway tunnels, car is pretty safe there and taking a long walk along side 06R till you reach the bottom.
Also if you drive under the runway tunnels carry on over the roundabout and up the hill and take a right sign posted for Moberly and just follow your nose towards the runway, you can usually park off the road and a quick walk will take you to the edge of 06R.
Sounds a bit complicated but once you’ve mastered it its easy, all being well may try and get down there on Sunday myself, Mrs Wilag permitting of course.

Rgds

Andy

Member for

20 years 1 month

Ahhh cheers for that Andy!

I'll hopefully walk to the threshold of 06L between 1200 and 1500, i take it there is a path around the perimiter fence??

Member for

20 years 1 month

Ringway Reports to the rescue! :)

Hehe cheers Lance, i did look at RR, but i didnt find it useful enough for my liking....i'm a fussy sod :D

Member for

19 years 11 months

You can lead a horse to water....... :rolleyes:

I'll probably be lurking about on the South side myself tomorrow, weather permitting, so I'll keep an eye open for you. :)

Member for

19 years 8 months

Holiday Inn (Used to be a Moat House) is the ideal place to park.

Beware - its a very long walk to the area and there are no places for refreshments etc. so make sure you bring a drink.

Flex 35

Member for

20 years 1 month

I'll probably be lurking about on the South side myself tomorrow, weather permitting, so I'll keep an eye open for you. :)

Fantastic stuff Lance, i'll either be alone, or with two companions, but i'll be there i hope :rolleyes:

Member for

19 years 8 months

Not entirely certain of 06... 18 hour TAF forecasts wind 320 which is more or less straight across. With 24s being preferred runways with tailwind components of up to 5kts, it could well be 24s tomorrow.

Andy

Member for

19 years 11 months

It's certainly 24s at the moment.