Busiest route...from UK?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Can someone tell me what the busiest air traffic route from the UK is?

I have always assumed it was LHR-JFK, but not 100% sure?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Depends on what time of year id say ? I would think during the height of the summer season more flights would go to PMI for example than JFK. But if we are talking schedule then i think JFK would be a safe bet.

Member for

19 years 8 months

London-Paris used to be the busiest international air route in the world - Eurostar and the channel tunnel put paid to that, and I don't know what has replaced it at the top of the list.

Andy

Member for

18 years 6 months

Depends on what time of year id say ? I would think during the height of the summer season more flights would go to PMI for example than JFK. But if we are talking schedule then i think JFK would be a safe bet.

Yeah, I was a bit vaige in my inital post, sorry, but I was thinking more about scheduled traffic than any other, but happy to consider it...

Member for

24 years 2 months

The busiest route out of the UK is now London - Dublin, and infact this is now the busiest international route in the world. In 2005 there were just over 4.36 million passengers between LON and DUB, by comparison JFK attracted 2.94million and Palma attracted 1.21 million passengers. The other major spanish route, Malaga attracted just under 2 million passengers. As correctly stated earlier LON- Paris was formerly the busiest route, but Eurostar saw to that!

P.S. If you add EWR (Newark) onto the total then that adds another million passengers out of London. But remember that overall New York is not as well served as Dublin from the regions and the Dublin routes from the regions generate some large passenger volumes. So overall DUBLIN is the largest destination from the UK.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The busiest route out of the UK is now London - Dublin, and infact this is now the busiest international route in the world. In 2005 there were just over 4.36 million passengers between LON and DUB, by comparison JFK attracted 2.94million and Palma attracted 1.21 million passengers. The other major spanish route, Malaga attracted just under 2 million passengers. As correctly stated earlier LON- Paris was formerly the busiest route, but Eurostar saw to that!

P.S. If you add EWR (Newark) onto the total then that adds another million passengers out of London. But remember that overall New York is not as well served as Dublin from the regions and the Dublin routes from the regions generate some large passenger volumes. So overall DUBLIN is the largest destination from the UK.

BTW, IF you meant which actual route (rather than city pairs) was the busiest then yes LHR - JFK moves into number one spot, with basically all of the demand in 2005 passing through LHR, compared to only 2million passengers going LHR - DUB.