Ryanair bits 'n pieces

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 3 months

Just a couple of pieces of useless trivia ;)

EI-DLM which was delivered today was the first to be delivered non-stop from Boeing Field in Seattle with a flying time of 9h 06mins. I'm not sure if there has been any 737-800s to go such a distance on delivery, perhaps some have made it to the UK, anybody know? Here's a soundbite of the crew departing Seattle last night. I still have a lot of sucking up to do before I get a chance to do that trip! RYR800M

On Saturday morning, FR612 had an inflight engine shutdown just after takeoff from Derry-Stansted. The crew diverted to Dublin and the passengers were on their way again within 90 minutes (on a separate aircraft!). Ryanair had recently lifted the cap on passenger numbers out of Derry with 171 onboard this flight. I guess the engine didn't like the power requirement for the short runway at Derry :diablo: I don't know the cause, will ask around but sounds like a loss of oil pressure.

The Italian government is attempting to chuck RYR off the Rome-Alghero Sardinia route to protect Alitalia et al. The French tried the same thing with easyJet. MOL won't be impressed so the Italians better get ready for a few home truths. :eek: I guess the Ciampino-Bergamo was the final straw...I mean how dare a foreign airline operate the ripoff that is Rome-Milan. The loads are in the high 90% range after only one week for RYR.

Lots more but no time. Anyway intersting times ahead.

Reddy.

Original post

Member for

18 years 9 months

Lots more but no time. Anyway intersting times ahead.

Reddy.

Thanks for sharing! - And go on...I'm sure you can find time!! :D:D:D

Member for

20 years 1 month

Whoah!!! 9hrs in a RYR 738 :eek: Incredible!

Cabin must be bare lol!

Member for

19 years 11 months

I'm not sure if there has been any 737-800s to go such a distance on delivery, perhaps some have made it to the UK, anybody know?
The Air India Express B737-800s are being delivered via Birmingham, with the first sector flown direct from Seattle.

Member for

19 years 8 months

I guess the engine didn't like the power requirement for the short runway at Derry.

Don't your aircraft have 22K/24K/26K rated options? :confused:

Surely going full 26K thrust out of Derry would suffice?

Flex 35

Member for

18 years 3 months

They're a mix of (a)24k with a 26k bump option and (b)26k rated.

The early versions are the 24k but 80% are 26k. The higher thrust is not usually necessary anyway with the weights we operate at. Of course, 24 and 26 are essentially the same engine, just a software difference...I think!

Member for

19 years 8 months

They're a mix of (a)24k with a 26k bump option and (b)26k rated.

The early versions are the 24k but 80% are 26k. The higher thrust is not usually necessary anyway with the weights we operate at. Of course, 24 and 26 are essentially the same engine, just a software difference...I think!

Yeah from Liverpool they can more or less always go with the full 22K thrust de-rate, not sure from Dublin if that's the case?

Cheers
Flex 35

Member for

18 years 3 months

Yeah from Liverpool they can more or less always go with the full 22K thrust de-rate, not sure from Dublin if that's the case?

Cheers
Flex 35

Dublin's not a problem but Rome Ciampino can be, particularly during the summer because of the heat and obstacles after takeoff. Icy runways are usually a recommened full power takeoff but you don't want to use it whenever it's not necessary to preserve the engines. Of course, some guys just like to give it some 'welly' occasionally; actually had passengers complaining once because of the resultant nose up angle was uncomfortable :D Sorry won't do that again so.

Also, even with derated engines, should the throttles be firewalled ie. pushed fully forward, the power will be max certified for that aircraft type which is 27k for the 737-800. Never had to do that, thankfully (emergencies only) :eek:

Member for

19 years 8 months

Dublin's not a problem but Rome Ciampino can be, particularly during the summer because of the heat and obstacles after takeoff. Icy runways are usually a recommened full power takeoff but you don't want to use it whenever it's not necessary to preserve the engines. Of course, some guys just like to give it some 'welly' occasionally; actually had passengers complaining once because of the resultant nose up angle was uncomfortable :D Sorry won't do that again so.

I could imagine that being the case at Rome Ciampino.

What is the maximum amount of passengers can Ryanair take on the B738? Is it the certified 189?

Cheers
Flex 35

Member for

18 years 7 months

Interesting info Redsquare. Thanks for sharing! Do you ever fly the DUB-LBA route just out of interest?

Paul

Member for

18 years 3 months

I did a short stint working from Dublin (alas no more Irish pilots allowed to be based in DUB..long story) just after Chrisrmas and made it to LBA twice, nice airport and busier than I thought it was, Rwy 14 is a little short when landing because of the displaced landing zone but good fun.
BTW, for some reason all pilots applying for a job in Ryanair are tested on a short flight from LBA and back in the 732 simulator. It's probably the relatively complicated dearture routes to the west (towards FIWUD waypoint I think) that makes them use LBA for the test :) It catches out a good few alright.

Yep, 189 seats and somehow they're usually filled...it's like magic.

Member for

20 years 10 months

The Ryanair pilots should be better than the landings they perform at LBA then! Mind you Jet2 aren't much better, the landings are usually pretty awful this side of the pennines ;).

Had flights to and from DUB onboard Ryanair this week on EI-DLL and EI-DCS, both nice clean wingletted machines, must really annoy Ryanair that someone had already put chewing gum into the carpet of DLL where I was sat! Both good flights around 20 minutes late. People talk about Ryanair crews been rude and miserable, never found that to be the case yet!

One day, I will get round to putting some shots on here, and my rant about FR and DUB!

Member for

19 years 8 months

Where are you based now then redsquare, if you don't mind me asking?

Member for

19 years 8 months

The Ryanair pilots should be better than the landings they perform at LBA then! Mind you Jet2 aren't much better, the landings are usually pretty awful this side of the pennines ;).

Small runway, not much room for floating down trying to get a greaser. The B738 is harder to land smoothly anyway because of the more "unforgiving" landing gear structure.

Flex 35

Member for

18 years 3 months

Had flights to and from DUB onboard Ryanair this week on EI-DLL and EI-DCS, both nice clean wingletted machines, must really annoy Ryanair that someone had already put chewing gum into the carpet of DLL where I was sat! Both good flights around 20 minutes late. People talk about Ryanair crews been rude and miserable, never found that to be the case yet!

I guess some people really think it's a bus, I suppose it looks like one :rolleyes:
Where are you based now then redsquare, if you don't mind me asking?
Pisa, nice and relaxed, no hassle off the management, it's like working for a different company. It seems the further away you get from Stansted and Dublin the better. I trying to move back to Stansted however so I'm not stuck flying to the same 5 places over and over although it will be better come October with some new routes. Pisa's also a bit out of my comfort zone.
The B738 is harder to land smoothly anyway because of the more "unforgiving" landing gear structure.
Correct, also the larger wing is designed for cruising ie speed and efficiency and near the ground it's not very friendly (ground effect). :(

BTW, EI-DLO was delivered this afternoon on another direct flight from Seattle.

Member for

19 years 11 months

BTW, EI-DLO was delivered this afternoon on another direct flight from Seattle.
My information is that, rather than being delivered direct, EI-DLO left Seattle for Keflavik as RYR800O at 04:27Z this morning.

Apparently EI-DLM and -DLN also followed the same route.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Wow the Ryanair 737's keep coming, every time you think you've flown on the newest one, you realise there has been about another 4 deliveries since!

Member for

18 years 3 months

You're probably right but I saw the flightplan yesterday listing it direct with the alternative as Keflavik, probably depending on winds. I have a DUB arrival time of 1359z from FRs network(always open to mistakes and BS) which is more likely to be non stop or a very quick stop but won't be able to check again until Sunday.

I don't know about -DLN but -DLM definately did it direct and the rest should follow in theory. The cheap gits will save on the landing fees yeehaw :)

Member for

19 years 8 months

There was a RYR800O filed for Keflavik to Dublin, departing at 1215z today.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Wow the Ryanair 737's keep coming, every time you think you've flown on the newest one, you realise there has been about another 4 deliveries since!

Yeah, they must have done some serious damage to the bank account over the last few weeks alright :p

Also, they're going to have send them all on heavy maintenance eventually so hence the creation of the major hangar setup going into Poland or Latvia it looks like (anouncement in the coming months) with Prestwick and Dublin doing the lighter, routine stuff.

Member for

20 years 2 months

They have had four delivered so far this month. However, it is my understanding that these four deliveries were origionally scheduled for Jan 06, but due to the problems with pilot hours etc, they were defered until Apr. The delivery schedule so far this year is not as was planned in the first instance.

After todays arrival, I have no further details of what / when is next. Anyone able to advise?