Commercial aviation photo topics / forum?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

What happened to the thread about whether all the commercial aviation photo topics should be put in their own forum??? :confused:

Mods, instead of just deleting the topic and thus letting the debate fall into a black hole, I'd have thought it would have been common courtesy at least tell those of us who made time to contribute their thoughts what you've actually decided to DO about it (if anything)? :rolleyes:

Andy

Original post

Member for

18 years 6 months

What happened to the thread about whether all the commercial aviation photo topics should be put in their own forum??? :confused:

Mods, instead of just deleting the topic and thus letting the debate fall into a black hole, I'd have thought it would have been common courtesy at least tell those of us who made time to contribute their thoughts what you've actually decided to DO about it (if anything)? :rolleyes:

Andy

Agreed, perhaps we should of had some sort of vote or continued the other thread in such that we have a conclusion - even Moggy (mod) seemed as if he thought a sub-forum was worth debating,

Wozza

Member for

18 years 1 month

I'm sure i read somewhere in that thread, one of the mods saying no point in a vote as the mods were deciding what was to be done.
IMO deleting the thread was the right thing, it started getting very very silly and not unlike A-nets chaos. i am a newbie here and have been impressed with the mature attitudes and generally pleasant atmosphere here, would be a real shame to see another decent forum descend into nonsense, so i applaud the mods for letting the thread go, until it became silly,and pulling it.
have patience guys,the mods clearly are on top of the situation,and WILL do the right thing.

Member for

20 years 8 months

so i applaud the mods for letting the thread go, until it became silly,and pulling it.
have patience guys,the mods clearly are on top of the situation,and WILL do the right thing.

We all have a different idea of what the right thing is though ;).

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'm sure i read somewhere in that thread, one of the mods saying no point in a vote as the mods were deciding what was to be done.
IMO deleting the thread was the right thing, it started getting very very silly and not unlike A-nets chaos. i am a newbie here and have been impressed with the mature attitudes and generally pleasant atmosphere here, would be a real shame to see another decent forum descend into nonsense, so i applaud the mods for letting the thread go, until it became silly,and pulling it.

I deleted it myself for the state it was getting into, so sue me.

People posting photo threads with sarcastic "oops contains photos" and "oh look here's a discussion thread" type remarks in the titles also contributed to my decision to draw a veil over the matter. I think some people saw my thread as an attack on their freedom to post photo threads, which it wasn't.

Thanks however to the contributors who saw the point I was TRYING to make.

Member for

18 years 1 month

We all have a different idea of what the right thing is though ;).

Very true, however, we all are not moderators!! who HAVE to make the decisions that affect the forum as a whole.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Am I the only one bored of all this? Let the mod's get on with it, it's up to them in the end!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Am I the only one bored of all this? Let the mod's get on with it, it's up to them in the end!

Good idea... :D

Member for

18 years 7 months

No Tom you're not the only one. That was exactly my point in my final reply to Ren Frew's original thread. Let's continue doing things exactly as we are until the mods decide otherwise. I really don't see why people have to get so annoyed and upset about a simple difference of opinion in how things here should be run. It's quite childish to be honest.

Paul

Member for

24 years 2 months

A quick suggestion that might reduce the number of threds - how's about we have one thread a dfay, with all pics on that day on it - 16th April - pics from XXX, YYY, ZZZ all included rtaher than a MAN 16th April, NCL 16th April, LBA 16th April, LHR 16th April etc etc?

Member for

19 years 10 months

I'm now on broadband, but I know when I was on dial-up, threads with alot of pictures took forever to load, so I don't think that would work.

Member for

18 years 9 months

I think the debate's over until the poll is published?

Member for

18 years 6 months

Forum Members,

We, the moderators have come up with a plan through all this debate. We have come up with a few options. We will post a poll over the coming days and will implement whatever option is favourite. We see this as being the most fair, and right way to go about resolving this issue.

However, no more sarcastic topics, or slanging matches are to be had on the subject until the outcome of the poll.

Kind Regards,

Matthew,

May I make suggestion here, I agree the poll is probably the best way to go but unless we have a by far clear verdict - like in some countries - perhaps we could have another vote other the top two or three (or however many attract a similar percentage) that way we can determine the proper way with less people upset from not getting the option they want.

Member for

19 years 11 months

There will be one poll. There will be one decision. There will be one outcome.

Let's keep it simple - we're not deciding the fate of nations here! :)

GA

Member for

18 years 3 months

You sound like a TV advert! :D

Member for

20 years 5 months

as long as it aint one of those blo0dy compensation adverts...

'i was at work and fell down a hole...'

well look where your going then you dozy cow :mad: sorry but those adverts make my blood boil

Member for

18 years 6 months

Let's keep it simple - we're not deciding the fate of nations here! :)

GA

Indeed but some people on here can make as bigger fuss as a nations politicians can - and that's saying something :dev2:

Will be uproar if say 46% goes to outcome A and 47% to Outcome B, perhaps vote then which just includes A and B fogetting the minority outcomes.

P.S: Edited your colour to what it should be Grey

Member for

18 years 8 months

Who cares i have no problems with photo pages.
Except when theyre Ryanair photos.

Member for

20 years 10 months

What the hell is wrong with Ryanair photos?

Member for

20 years 5 months

typo Tom:

what the hell is right with Ryanair photos?

Member for

18 years 3 months

typo Tom:

what the hell is right with Ryanair photos?

lol, too right mate. Unless it's a photo like the one Matt Murray posted the other day, they're boring.