Airbus A350 flightdeck

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

http://techno-science.net/illustration/Aero/A350/cockpit.jpg
:TOP: :cool:
But still an evolution, not a revolution!!
The first thing I noticed:

The only major differences are those associated with the two- rather than four-engined configuration, although the tailplane trim wheel may also be retained on the A350 if Airbus decides to stay with manual trim rather than adopt the electrical trim design of the A380.

Source:
Flight International - Airbus hopes A350 flightdeck offers best of both worlds with A380 technology and high commonality
Original post

Member for

19 years

Looks bigger than the A380's!!!

Member for

19 years 4 months

Nice to see the Boeing 73NGs HUDs in there too!! (I know they aren't exclusive to Boeing!!)

Member for

20 years 5 months

Nice to see the Boeing 73NGs HUDs in there too!! (I know they aren't exclusive to Boeing!!)

But of course, Airbus will claim to have done it first ;) Well, Leahy would.

(Disclaimer: That was a playfull poke. Not seriousness behind it)

Member for

18 years 9 months

I like it. Probably just the perspective but the sidesticks look low!

Member for

24 years 2 months

No doubt about it, a very nice place to go to work, but it doesn't look nearly as cool as the photos published of the 787's flightdeck. (IMHO) ;)

-Dazza

Member for

18 years 1 month

Maybe a stupid question but what real benefit do HUDs give to a civil aircraft ?

Member for

19 years

Well.. errr... umm.. the pilot dun hav ta look down so much perchance? :p

get'er done

Member for

18 years 1 month

Duh!!..you think :)
Anyways I was wondering if the strain is really that much why don't more aircraft have em.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I assume it would help alot when manual landing in not 100% clear weather.

The sidestick position looks normal to me!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Maybe a stupid question but what real benefit do HUDs give to a civil aircraft ?

So useful that easyJet took theirs out! Bearing in mind that we have zero decision height landing capability already without it I'm not convinced on the necessity for it. The danger is that if it is fitted but unserviceable it will then probably restrict your landing capabilty whereas without it fitted at all we have full capability!!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

IMO it makes a mess of glare wings...