This weekends jollies (part 1)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

Glasgow 24th March, first up is chariot PH-WXD to whisk us to Amsterdam.
Where it was not the most pleasant weather, 3 semi decent shots included, then off on KLM 737 to Zurich(which gets as far as Dusseldorf and does a 360, due to loss of pressurisation, so back to AMS we go) 90 minutes and an aircraft change later, we are off (again) to Zurich,this time arriving 4 hours late, so off to hotel and start again in the morning.
25th in Zurich, shots in no particular order, including some taken on the ramp tour...insanely close to the runway when TCX A330 and LX A340's took off. more in next issue....

Original post

Member for

18 years 1 month

And the rest for saturday at ZRH

Member for

20 years 1 month

Excellent, I still really want to get to ZRH, and looking at those pics makes me want to go even more! :D

Member for

19 years 1 month

WOW! Stunning photos :D

Member for

19 years

Amazing shots!

Member for

18 years 1 month

On to Sunday, summer season starts and the mid dock terrace opens, weather a bit poor to start, but became a real scorcher in the afternoon. Back for another shot of the ramp tour, which reveals a First kingfisher A320 inside a hangar, a bit p'd at not being able to shoot it...but, more KLM calamity helped out on that one, our flight back to AMS had "technical difficulty" resulting in a 3 hour delay, during which the Kingfisher departed :)
However, this meant missing our flight home to Glasgow, and having to endure the pain of staying in the IBIS hotel Schipol (very nice/expensive) at KLM's expense, finally getting home about 11am today, unfortunately the weather at AMS this morning was awful, only shot worth taking was the China Southern 747-400F.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Some more from Sunday. The 146 OH-SAL, you can see has 2 fire engines behind it which had just sprayed it, as it was the inaugural service of the flight, but, i did'nt get my camera together in time to catch it :o

Member for

20 years 1 month

Fantastic shots!

Great to see a few Swiss A343's there, only brings back fond memories of my trip on board JMG and JMI last year!

Member for

18 years 1 month

Final set. Hope i havent bored you all.
Cheers

Member for

18 years 8 months

great shots there tartan pics see youve been busy

keep up the good work like the swiss a340 and the tap

peter

Member for

18 years 10 months

Fantastic shots - looks like the weather was kind to you!

Member for

18 years 4 months

Those are top-notch!

Member for

19 years 10 months

Hi tartan, Grate Pictures there
Sorry i didn't manage down for you're departure That's down to Mr Bud the night before
Zurich what can I say, I'm still recovering from nearly being run down By TAI 747,(2003)
My mate and I managed to sneak on a Ramp tour,on the Friday ( Thanks Erik you know who you are) a group of School children were being taken around and after speaking to Erik we managed to secure the end car to our self What a tour the Finally was being taken on to the ramp after the tour and getting our pictures taken alongside the Edelweiss 330, Erik did try and get us on board ,but they had just started Boarding passengers
Sweet Dreams AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Kevin

Member for

18 years 7 months

Excellent shots there! :D

Member for

18 years 2 months

You lucky lucky lucky ****** Scottie! The Thai 340-600 must be the best looking A/C in the world!

Member for

20 years 9 months

Quite an amazing selection :D.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Hi Tartan

How lucky are you eh Thai A340-600 very nice

and the Kingfisher ah well ill just go down the

cury house and get 1 there LOL

E-GPK

Member for

18 years 1 month

Thanks for the kind comments guys, No probs Kevin....was way too manky to be up the mound anyways :eek: :eek: Agree fully Iain, about the Thai, looked awesome when the sun hit the tail..shot about 750 in total including 76 of the 2 Thai!!! Very lucky with the Kingfisher, however had to shoot from behind glass of the departure lounge in fading light.
RIP Concorde, well worth the visit, just for the ramp tour alone...about 60 feet from the runway at rotation point :eek: This shot of the Thai going up while a tour was at the stop point gives you an idea of how close you are:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/tartanpics/260306_HS-TNC_A346_2.jpg
lucky beggars :cool: :cool:

Member for

20 years 11 months

All very nice