Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some oldies from LBA

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobleeds
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2005

some oldies from LBA

A few more oldies from the late 80's from LBA hope they bring back a few memories!
    Attached Files
  • SOFTLAD
    • Jan 2000

God they do bring back some good memories. Im going to dig mine out when i get time.

Comment

• PMN
      PMN
      PlaneObsessedBassPlayer
      • Aug 2005

Great shots! LBA could almost be considered my second home at the moment (well... maybe fourth home after Portugal and Denmark), so it's great to see some older photos from there. It's a bit of a shame we never see any 3 holers these days!

Paul
      My images on Flickr Jetphotos A.Net

Comment

• andrewm
        Rank 2 Registered User
        • Jan 2000

Love the Shorts 330! Looks like a glider or something with that tail!
        Regards, Andrew

Comment

• LBA-EGNM
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2006

Im liking the shots there specially the Iberia I see the terminal building has changed a lot and would love to see more
          cheers Steve

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• EGNM
            Sadact
            • Jan 2000

Me thinks the A300 was on Euro 96 day - France vs Spain at Elland road? Bring on a World Cup!!!

Some great pics there - bring back some early memories or Carriers long gone!
            Last edited by EGNM; 20th March 2006, 00:40.
            Brgds
            EGNM

Comment

• bobleeds
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by EGNM
              Me thinks the A300 was on Euro 96 day - France vs Spain at Elland road? Bring on a World Cup!!!

Some great pics there - bring back some early memories or Carriers long gone!
              Thanks for your comments Guys! (I just wish I could work out how to post from my digital camera! - shows as files too large?)

The A300 photographed was flying a charter which used to come in on Sunday afternoons from Palma on a sub-charter for Aviaco - the DC8 shown was on the same service in some quazi saudi livery! Sunday afternoons also used to bring a JAT 707 from Pula! Like EGNM suggests I think the Iberia Airbus also graced LBA at Euro '96

The connectair SD30 had been an inbound diversion the previous night (as were the 2 Dan Air 727's) due to fog at Manchester and several other UK airports, with only LBA being left operational, as due to it's high elevation, was poking above the layer of fog shrouding the rest of the country, an occurence which happened quite a few times.

On one occasion Leeds was so full that aircraft were parked on Runway 28, The North-South Taxiway (now Delta) the pan, with smaller prop diversions (jetstreams dornier 328'sand suchlike) over at Northair. A swissair A310 found itself parked for the night on the 14 loop much to the disbelief of the Pilot - oh happy days!

Comment

• EGNM
                Sadact
                • Jan 2000

Originally posted by bobleeds
                On one occasion Leeds was so full that aircraft were parked on Runway 28, The North-South Taxiway (now Delta) the pan, with smaller prop diversions (jetstreams dornier 328'sand suchlike) over at Northair. A swissair A310 found itself parked for the night on the 14 loop much to the disbelief of the Pilot - oh happy days!
                Oh yes - another night I vaguely remember!!
                Brgds
                EGNM

Comment

• A330-300
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Dec 2005

Great pics, the IB A300 is particularly nice to see.
                  sigpic

Comment

• DH106
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Mar 2006

Excellent shots bobleeds - I'm a Leeds lad myself.

Never knew Spantax operated the 990 into LBA - must have been shortly before they went bust.

Showing my age here, but I remember as a kid of 10 sometime in the mid 70's looking over a rickerty wooden fence near the old terminal to the apron beside the old black hanger (now long since demolished) and seeing an old Viscount sitting on it's belly being scrapped. Anyone got an id for this one?

Comment

• DH106
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Mar 2006

Any of you guys remember a couple of Il-18's - East German I think arriving with the member of a band or something. Within a year or two of the extension - mid 80's ish

Comment

• wozza
                        Chelsea Fan
                        • Sep 2005

Do you know anything about Eurocity Express up there, they evolved into London City Airways and I've spent about the last 3 years on and off trying to get info on them but cant,

Wozza

Comment

• bobleeds
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by wozza
                          Do you know anything about Eurocity Express up there, they evolved into London City Airways and I've spent about the last 3 years on and off trying to get info on them but cant,

Wozza
                          I think they were part owned by British Midland - If my memory is correct they used the Dash 7 shown on LBA-LHR at weekends when the DC9 or even BAC111 G-WLAD was doing the midweek sectors, sorry don't really know any more about them

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                          X