whats happend to ryanairs old 737-200s

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

heya every one i was just wondering what has happend to ryanairs 737-200s since they were taken out of service have and been sold on yet? i know that one of them is know operating in Taiwan so any info any one can give me would be very help full

regards luke

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Was Jaguar scrapped? I'm sure I read somewhere that it had been. I have a model and a photo I bought in MAN to remind me of that one.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Yep, that got scrapped.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Most were bought for spare parts by Auto Direct Aviation in the Americas, a few were sold on as operational planes. Many were stripped down to hulks at Prestwick and some were road transported to Southend for scrapping.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Lan Chile have taken a few - best I recall, they now have four of O'Leary's old clunkers.

Andy

Member for

18 years 4 months

Was Jaguar scrapped? I'm sure I read somewhere that it had been. I have a model and a photo I bought in MAN to remind me of that one.

ive been looking on airliner.net and jetphotos to see if i could get any info there was a pic of the jaguar bird at prestiwick taken this year she was still intact but with out her engines

Member for

20 years 11 months

As said earlier, Jaguar was scrapped, easily the best looking logo jet, and I had the pleasure of flying on it :).

Member for

18 years 1 month

The old eircell schemed one is used as a fire trainer here in dublin & is parked outside the fire station at the moment,european aviation took one last autumn,the rest i think were sold to be broken up for spare parts.

Member for

18 years 2 months

I'm sure I read somewhere that one was dumped in the River Forth. Am I talking rubbish?

Member for

18 years 4 months

As said earlier, Jaguar was scrapped, easily the best looking logo jet, and I had the pleasure of flying on it :).

ure right there mate she was a great looking bird cheers 4 your help every one was just curious

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'm sure I read somewhere that one was dumped in the River Forth. Am I talking rubbish?

AFAIK various bits and pieces were illegally dumped along the south east coast by the contractor responsible for scrapping them at Southend ?

Member for

20 years 11 months

I think the three flying down here for Paul Stoddards Ozjet are ex Ryanair

Member for

18 years 4 months

hey guys just thought id update this thread latest news:

one of ryanairs old 737-200s has been seen in the USA still in its old colours
another has is operateing in Taiwan!!
and some more are in austraila working for low cost bueiness airline OZJET

Has anyone got any more information?

cheers luke

Member for

21 years

Hmm well OzJet have gone bust so none are working for them anymore.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Hmm well OzJet have gone bust so none are working for them anymore.

i heard that mate but i thought that there latest venture was a rebranding idea shame to hear there back on the scap pile again

Member for

18 years 8 months

did one head south for South africa?.

James

Member for

18 years 4 months

Of the aircraft that were not scrapped, 3 or 4 went to LAN Chile, another 2 or 3 are in Indonesia with Adam Air and EI-CJI went on to become G-FIGP(Paul Stoddart must really love Formula 1) with European Aviation and is still with them. The rest are probably heading to similar homes. There's still some life left in the noisy wonders. ;)