European summer meet?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

Ok, after another successful meet been and gone, I've been chatting with Andrew (SHAMROCK321) and Tom (Future Pilot) about having another in the summer. Being a little bit more adventurous this time and holding it somewhere in Europe for a night or two.

We've come up with a short list of ZRH(with a bus tour of the ramp etc http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5636438 note how close this bus gets you!), CGN, AMS or MAD- as I've seen all those mentioned since the DUB meet- with a provisional date of 7th/8th-9th July.
Ok, I was planning on creating a poll to make it a bit easier to keep track of things, but apparently that feature doesn't exist anymore? :confused:

We're starting the thread now to see what sort of interest there is, and hopefully take it from there!

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

I love the idea, unfortunately, the only place you could fly from LBA to amongst those is AMS, though i'm sure myself and Paul could get over to MAN if need be. (assuming he'd be available ;)).

I need a job to get some money! ZRH does look superb, as does MAD, Andrew was telling me earlier about the possibility of getting an A340 down to TFN, which would be superb!

Member for

20 years 1 month

I love the idea, unfortunately, the only place you could fly from LBA to amongst those is AMS, though i'm sure myself and Paul could get over to MAN if need be. (assuming he'd be available ;)).

I need a job to get some money! ZRH does look superb, as does MAD, Andrew was telling me earlier about the possibility of getting an A340 down to TFN, which would be superb!

You can drive, fly from MAN! :p

Yeah, IB use A346s to LPA for about £80 return, which would be quite something for a forum meet, although then it really does get expensive...

Member for

20 years 1 month

Financially for me, a UK based meet would be best, MAN again would be a nice option, but i respect your decision if you wish to go abroad :)

:EDIT: Plus just seen the dates you have thought of Stuart, and i'm coming home anyway from the US on the 9th lol

Member for

20 years 11 months

Yeah, IB use A346s to LPA for about £80 return, which would be quite something for a forum meet, although then it really does get expensive...

Flights to MAD, flights to LPA, car parking, hotels.... sounding expensive!

Is a great idea though, maybe a couple of meets in the summer, we definitly should have a mass AMS meet, even if there is a MAD/ZRH meet :D. AMS is just heaven :D.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Financially for me, a UK based meet would be best, MAN again would be a nice option, but i respect your decision if you wish to go abroad :)

:EDIT: Plus just seen the dates you have thought of Stuart, and i'm coming home anyway from the US on the 9th lol

I'd quite happily have another day-trip to MAN this summer in addition! lol Last years was a good day so all the more reason.

Maybe I'm the only person with some sort of income during term time so that I may be able to afford this? :p

The other date I had in mind is the end of August, but I don't suppose it's ever gonna be possible to set a date that suits everyone.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Flights to MAD, flights to LPA, car parking, hotels.... sounding expensive!

Is a great idea though, maybe a couple of meets in the summer, we definitly should have a mass AMS meet, even if there is a MAD/ZRH meet :D. AMS is just heaven :D.

Indeed, too expensive even for me. ;) ZRH is probably as much as I'd want to pay as it'd still cost me about £150 to get there on KLM via AMS.

Member for

20 years 11 months

I'd quite happily have another day-trip to MAN this summer in addition! lol Last years was a good day so all the more reason.

Maybe I'm the only person with some sort of income during term time so that I may be able to afford this? :p

The other date I had in mind is the end of August, but I don't suppose it's ever gonna be possible to set a date that suits everyone.

Yep, we should have a MAN meet around the same time as last year :).

Hopefully, I should have a job within the next couple of weeks, waiting for a phone call!

Member for

18 years 7 months

There is also a ZRH meet being organised for 29th July, and there's a sightseeing tour over the alps also.
I'm signed up! :)

http://www.expairience.net/zrh/

Member for

18 years 5 months

Great idea, i may be able to get there.

Can someone tell me where you are thinking about going, airport codes loose me.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Great idea, i may be able to get there.

Can someone tell me where you are thinking about going, airport codes loose me.

Zurich, Amsterdam, Cologne, Madrid.

Member for

18 years 6 months

although i dont know any of you, and dont have any fancy pieces of photography...i still wouldnt mind tagging along if thats ok.

im at T in the park w/e 7th-9th and i dont know where i will be working during the summer yet to plan the time off, but id still like to voice my interest :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

although i dont know any of you, and dont have any fancy pieces of photography...i still wouldnt mind tagging along if thats ok.

im at T in the park w/e 7th-9th and i dont know where i will be working during the summer yet to plan the time off, but id still like to voice my interest :)

That's TITP weekend! Ah.. Actually, no that shouldn't matter this year...

Member for

18 years 5 months

I would like to join you at any location, it is always nice to spend time with people who share simmiler interests. And you can all teach me something about commercial aeroplanes as i know nothing. I can tell a 747 but dont ask me to id models or any other aeroplane.
And any chance to practise my photography skills is welcome. i just hope the dates dont clash with a U.k. airshow.

Member for

19 years 2 months

I would definately want to grace you all with my presence at a Manchester meettup and could possibly provide transport provided it's not a weekend? (daddy will want his shiny new Seat Leon to go to antique fairs and the like.

Europe? Possibly able to pop by when I'm on my mini rail tour round going whereever the wind takes me.

This all of course as long as bird flu doesn't get you first ;)

Member for

20 years 6 months

Hey people, the spanish authorities are (these days) more stringent with viewing aircraft...

...i would like to attend also but im also searching for a job to notch up some cash lol :mad:

Member for

19 years 4 months

Would also be a blatant copy of the airliners.net MAD/LPA meet which took place last October ;)
P.S. They got an A340-300 MAD-LPA-MAD ;)

Member for

18 years 10 months

Cologne is a fairly cheap option with HLX. Good viewing facilities although photography is through glass. Having said that so is MAD. Cologne is getting very busy now with german LoCo's and the Luftwaffe 310's are based there.

With the new terminal and runways in use, MAD traffic will be split in two and difficult to ID everything from the old terminal eating area. Very orange and red. MAD is reasonably priced to get to and hotels are not badly priced if you dont mind a taxi journey away from the airport.

Having been on a ZRH ramp tour i can highly recommend it. In summer you get transported to the the remote terminal, to sit in the middle of the action. Local hotels are expensive. ZRH is not easy to get to from regional UK.

AMS is an all time favourite. 'easy' to get to from most of the uk with good facilities and reasonably local hotels. Shame is all blue.

Why dont we just go to Miami?

Lee

Member for

20 years 9 months

Would also be a blatant copy of the airliners.net MAD/LPA meet which took place last October
P.S. They got an A340-300 MAD-LPA-MAD

Why the hell is that at all relevent, just because A.net did it first means that we can't do it? or maybe it was such a brillaint idea we just thought we may want to do it?

Pointless reply :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

CGN, been there a year ago. It is not that interesting. Good viewing possibilities that's for sure, but once you have seen your 10th Germanwings and your 15th Hapag Lloyd Express you haev pretty much seen it all. The interesting cargo planes (DHL/UPS) fly in mostly after dark.

When going to a place it would be nice to have someone local familiar with the best spots, schedules, routes etc (having a car would be nice). So anything in the UK as well as AMS, DUS, FRA should be good. How about going stateside, try to get that jump seat ride our resident CoEx ERJ captain will promiss us. ;)

I would love to do ZRH and/or MAD one day.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Exactly, FP! :p

I'd also be interested in this. I'll have to bear in mind overall costs, though.