F50/Bae 146

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Hi, long time no speal people.

I had a few questions i was hoping one of you lot could help me with.

Is the fokker 50 suitable for low cost flight operations, you don't really see many LCCs with them, but niche carriers such as flybaboo and air southwest have made it with the similarly sized Q300 so would the use of a Fokker 50 be feasible for a low cost carrier?

Also there are a number of Bae146s in long term storage at Norwich International Airport - does anyone know who these aircraft owners are,

Cheers,

Wozza

Original post

Member for

20 years 6 months

isnt Swefly of sweden a lowcost operator? Are Air Baltic lowcoast these days?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Swefly went bust a while ago, don't actually know if they were low cost, dont think Air Baltic are, though i'm not 100%.

Member for

19 years

Do VLM count as low cost? - they have about 14 F50s - would imagine running costs would be similar to Dash8/ATR.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Also there are a number of Bae146s in long term storage at Norwich International Airport - does anyone know who these aircraft owners are,

Cheers,

Wozza

Are they Ex Buzz or Ex Air China BAe 146-100

James

Member for

18 years 6 months

They are all Bae146-200s, thats all i know.

James, don't suppose you could tell me why KLM haven't snapped up any of the 4 fokker 100s that are in storage at NWI? Just they seem to search far afield for their fokkers and their are 4 in fairly good nick (to the eye) on their UK maintenance's doorstep.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Swefly went bust a while ago, don't actually know if they were low cost, dont think Air Baltic are, though i'm not 100%.

wow! shows what a month or so away from here does...not knowing SweFly went bust lol well thanks anyways Tom

Member for

20 years 11 months

No probs, I miss seeing their 767-200 at LBA :(.

Member for

24 years 3 months

What happened to Buzz? I remember seeing several of their 146's (very colorful birds!) at Gatwick or Charles De Gaulle (can't remember which) back in the summer of 2001.

Member for

24 years 3 months

They are all Bae146-200s, thats all i know.

James, don't suppose you could tell me why KLM haven't snapped up any of the 4 fokker 100s that are in storage at NWI? Just they seem to search far afield for their fokkers and their are 4 in fairly good nick (to the eye) on their UK maintenance's doorstep.

KLM is searching high and low for F70s, not F100s. Also, the F100 was available with two different engines. It might be that the ones stored at NWI have different engines than those in the KLM fleet.

Member for

18 years 8 months

It might be that the ones stored at NWI have different engines than those in the KLM fleet.

The one's in the KLC fleet are 620 engines and I think they only want 620 engines not 650 which are the four at NWI

James

Member for

19 years 2 months

What happened to Buzz? I remember seeing several of their 146's (very colorful birds!) at Gatwick or Charles De Gaulle (can't remember which) back in the summer of 2001.

Buzz were swallowed up by the evil empire of Ryanair!

Member for

20 years 6 months

:mad: grrrr

Member for

18 years 6 months

Buzz were swallowed up by the evil empire of Ryanair!

Was this before or after Easyjet's take-over of Go?