My next foray!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

I'm off to a friends wedding on March 13th, in Cape town SA.

I'm flying BHX to AMS (737)

then AMS to Cape Town (777)

It's with KLM, I've flown with them to the US before, but on a NW DC-10.(my favourite plane, comfy old bird :p )

I was wondering what the KLM 777 is like for legroom and what is the KLM service is like on these long haule flights??

Cheers for your help,

Kev :D

P.S. Anyone know what Cape Town arpt is like for a few pics??

P.P.S Anyone know how close 'Thunder City' is to Cape Town and what's there to see etc. :D :D :D :D

Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

I've flown on their 777s to New York and Tokyo; I always go for seats in row 10.(bulkhead) Seats A/B probably the best; IFE is very good on these a/c. Seats 11C/G have loads of legroom but your feet are likely to be caught by passengers in the aisle. There is another row further back (@31) just behind door no.3 but there's no windows in this row. You should get 2 reasonable meals + snacks. I haven't flown long haul on another carrier recently but the KLM product on the 777 is pretty good imo. Here's a link to the seating plan..http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/images/Boeing%20777-200_tcm54-16406.pdf

Member for

18 years 11 months

Cheers for that bud! :)

I see by your name, your a DC-10 fan too.

I've flown in allsorts in the past, but I've never been in anything that made me feel as good as the 10.
I can't put my finger on what it is about the A/C that I love, but I always have a the most relaxing and enjoyable flight on it.

Maybe it's because it's old, and has a bit of 'atmosphere' about it ??

Anyway cheers for the advice and link.Take care

Kev :)

Member for

18 years 6 months

I went to Jo'burg with KLM back in 1994 on my honeymoon using staff travel. Going out was reasonable. Coming back was a completely different matter, so much so that we ended up coming back on SAA. It would have helped had we not been travelling as staff and had they not torn up my wife's ticket coupon...