Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Isle of Mann route announced

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EN830
    Ex UNGUE LEONEN
    • Jan 2000

New Isle of Mann route announced

Originally posted by www.Channelonline.tv
    It's been announced the Channel Island airline Rockhopper will be renamed 'Blue Islands' to improve its holiday image.

The change takes place this Valentine's day and will coincide with the delivery of Jet-stream aircraft, which will be used on a new Isle of Mann route.

The new 19-seater propeller planes will operate with 2 pilots and are equipped with the latest in avionics and radar equipment.
    Jetstreams will be a bit more comfortable than the Islander and Trilander aircraft presently operated on the inter-island and Bournemouth routes.

Their website works as well which is more than I can say for another IOM based airline I can think of.
    Ian

Government Volunteer
  • Moggy C
    • Jan 2000

Might inspire more confidence in their professionalism if they could spell the name of their destination
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• rdc1000
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Moggy C
      Might inspire more confidence in their professionalism if they could spell the name of their destination
      Actually I think using two Ns to become Mann is the Celtic way of spelling the islands's name, and I know the head of state position is the Lord of Mann (actually the Queen), with 2 Ns. Given that the Channel Islanders tend to be very historically correct and use traditional words themselves then the use of two Ns does not suprise me.

Comment

• cloud_9
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Sep 2005

It's been announced the Channel Island airline Rockhopper will be renamed 'Blue Islands' to improve its holiday image.
        How is changing its name to 'Blue Islands' going to help improve its holiday image

IMHO I think 'Blue Islands' is a rubbish name. I much prefer Rockhopper...
        Attached Files

Comment

• OneLeft
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • May 2003

Originally posted by cloud_9
          IMHO I think 'Blue Islands' is a rubbish name. I much prefer Rockhopper...
          Agreed. Rockhopper was a great name for an airline doing what they do.

1L.

Comment

• Manston Airport
            Fokker Crazy
            • Jul 2005

They where LeCocqs before they came Rockhopper. Blue Island is there callsign.

I post about this route on the 14 december 2005 see here

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51609

Has anyone been on Rockhopper? I have well they where still LeCocqs when I went on them from BOH to ACI on a Britten-Norman BN-2A-26 Islander G-XAXA a brillaint airline can't wait to fly them again.

James
            Looking forward to the 2010 airshow Season

sigpic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X