Jet 2 to base a A300 @ Blackpool

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

I have just read this article regarding Jet2 basing an A300 @ Blackpool airport!!

Surely this can't be right and they would use a second 733??

Source :- http://www.uk-airport-news.info/blackpool-airport-news-261205.htm

Quote :-

More than 30 jobs are to be created as Blackpool International Airport continues its amazing take off.
Low-fares airline Jet2.com - which departed to its first destination from Squires Gate last month - is recruiting cabin crew as it continues its expansion programme.

The new posts will all be based at Blackpool and should be up and running in time for the Leeds-based airline's new destination routes to Alicante and Palma next April.

This is a major employment boost for the resort and Jet2 who announced their arrival in Blackpool during the summer.
Since then, more than 3,000 passengers have taken advantage of their deals and used their solo route to Belfast International and have already booked up months of flights to the two sun-kissed European destinations.
The airline currently has one plane based at Squires Gate, but Jet2 chiefs hope to have a second one A300 airbus based at the apron in the New Year.

Carly Brear, the airline's sales and marketing manager, said they hoped to recruit cabin crew from the local area.
She added: "Initially we're looking to create 30 new posts, but that will go up as we continue to add more flights from Blackpool.

"We pride ourselves on looks and we have some of the best cabin crew in the industry.
"But the job is not all about smiling and handing out advice and selling drinks to customers.
"As well as the appearance, all our trainees will go through a series of vigorous tests to make sure they are up for the job.

"It's vary hard work, but at the same time it is very rewarding and we hope we can get the best out of people for the important posts."
Cabin crew training is an initial four-and-a-half week course which covers all aspects of the service.

By next summer, Jet2 hope to have more than 400 cabin crew on their books serving 18 destinations across the continent from their bases at Blackpool International, Manchester, Leeds-Bradford, Belfast, Edinburgh and Newcastle.

Destinations already being bandied about the airport corridors of power include Munich, Paris and Turin, but none have yet been confirmed.
Mr Meeson added: "Blackpool has exciting prospects and we at Jet2.com want to be a part of that.

"We hope that come the summer, we will have added more services to the existing three that we currently have on our books."
o If you are interested in becoming a member of the cabin crew at Jet2, contact their HR department by e-mailing [email]ccblk@jet2.com[/email] of fax (01202) 593956.

Original post

Member for

21 years

I think someone has just looked at the aircraft Jet2 operate without knowing anything about them. It currently stands at 2 A300s and however many 737s and 757s. The Airbus is top of that list alphabetically so I reckon the journo has just take the top aircraft in the abscence of any actual knowledge of Jet2's fleet planning.

Anyway, the A300s are all for disposal at the moment.

Member for

19 years 3 months

Are the A300's not in a full cargo configuration anyway?

Member for

21 years

Correct

Member for

24 years 3 months

A300 Cargo - a Ryanair dream - standing room to pack more in!

Member for

20 years 3 months

Jet2 remaining A300 a/c

GCEXI - Still in service. To be returned to lessor Feb/Mar 06
GCEXJ - WFU Bournemouth (Returned to lessor?)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Are they technically Jet2 and not Channex?

Member for

19 years 3 months

They were rebranding their whole operation as Jet2.com to make it easy for us all to understand.

Nice of them isn't it :)

Member for

18 years 6 months

Yeah looking on jethros at least one of the A300 is ready to go!!!!

I knew they were in all cargo layout but wasnt sure if they had decided to convert but as I said I would of assumed it was another 733...

Cheers for clearing it up!

Member for

18 years 4 months

any one got any pics of these a330s

Member for

18 years 4 months

woops sorry

Member for

24 years 3 months

I remember seeing a Channel Express A300 three years ago at Bologna in Italy. I guessed it must have been based there as it was not only there when we arrived one afternoon, but the exact same one was there four days later when we flew home.

Member for

20 years 6 months

A300 Cargo - a Ryanair dream - standing room to pack more in!

:D:D indeed

Member for

24 years 3 months

I remember seeing a Channel Express A300 three years ago at Bologna in Italy. I guessed it must have been based there as it was not only there when we arrived one afternoon, but the exact same one was there four days later when we flew home.

As far as I Can remember it was a UPS Contract which runs Bologna-Bergamo-Cologne I believe. Correct with the Bologna daystops!