Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venice airport vantage points

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P57
    P57
    • Jan 2006

Venice airport vantage points

Can anyone help with assistance on photography at Marco Polo and Treviso airports please? I will have some time to kill at the end of Feb and would like info on any vantage points that are "safe" for the average viewer. Thanks.
  • rudi
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2004

Try here:
    http://www.aviaphotos.it/homepage.asp

Not a lot of info on where to view from, but there is a e-mail address to contact them on.

Comment

• EGNM
      Sadact
      • Jan 2000

Treviso is well out of town, with very little activity. 1x Daily SAAB340 of Carpetair and around a half a dozen daily RYR flights account for the sum total of traffic. Mil traffic was few and far between on my last visit. A good VCE gateway on the lo-co scale, but not for the spotter.
      Brgds
      EGNM

Comment

• Moggy C
        • Jan 2000

In the unlikely event that small aircraft interest you there is a really superb little airfield on the Lido, just a short water-bus ride from the main Island of Venice.

Treviso is nearly an hour away by road (in traffic)

Moggy
        "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• P57
          P57
          • Jan 2006

Thanks. I am FR'ing into (& out of!) Treviso and may have a day in the middle of the holiday while "she who must be..." goes shopping )

Comment

• Moggy C
            • Jan 2000

Just a quick tip garnered from my first trip to Venice a couple of months back.

Set aside a morning. Don some smart gear, arrive at Harry's Bar as it opens, (I think 11 am, but check), sit sipping overpriced but tasty Bellinis as the tourists in shorts / kagoules, whatever, are turned away.

Google 'Harry's Bar' if you need to know more. SWMBO will enjoy it more than shopping - trust me.

Moggy
            "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X