BACX Revamp today!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

BA are to announce the shake up of BACX ops this morning. Staff got the news of the rebrand at 7am, with nothing for us out just yet.

It looks like food will be sold on board BACX flights, i'm sure we'll hear more during the coming hours

Original post

Member for

19 years 2 months

wow its so...not different! A one class layout, are the inter-city business travellers not going to be slightly disappointed with that?

Member for

18 years 6 months

wow its so...not different! A one class layout, are the inter-city business travellers not going to be slightly disappointed with that?

When you say 'a one class layout' do you mean the same seats, seat pitch and everthing else is exactly the same throughout the aircraft?

If so, how can that be, as that would mean the aircraft would have to be a strictly business class config, otherwise the business class passengers are going to recieve the same service level as an economy passenger but have paid a much higher price? :confused:

Is it me, or does anyone else think that British Airways should rename itself simply as 'BA' (just like they did with Deutsche BA - now called DBA!) as that is what is more commonly referred to as nowadays, British Airways seems a bit dated...

I like the name 'BA Connect' though...is much better than 'CitiExpress' :D

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yes, the aircraft will be an all-economy class config, same pitch, same seats etc.

There will be NO biz class on any aircraft :)

And i hate the name, CitiExpress much better lol

Member for

19 years 7 months

I have to agree with you bmi-star. CitiExpress all the way!!!!!

Member for

19 years 2 months

It's a very "hip" name though sadly I see it as a fad. What on earth was wrong with British regional as it was...or even like you say CitiExpress!

Member for

24 years 2 months

WIll that huge 'connect' logo be applied to the fleet ?

Member for

18 years 6 months

It's a very "hip" name though sadly I see it as a fad. What on earth was wrong with British regional as it was...or even like you say CitiExpress!

CitiExpress to me deoesn't have the same ring about it than what BA Connect does..., but hey, we are all entitled to our own opinons... :p

Member for

24 years 2 months

They claim all flights will be £25 one way which must include tax as £50 plus tax return is not loco!

If its £50 return, GLA-FRA isnt too bad for £50!!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Not all flights, but will start at £25. That don't mean they always will be £25

:EDIT: Do remember BA now advertize taxes ans surcharges in their fares now, so it would be £50

Member for

20 years 1 month

WIll that huge 'connect' logo be applied to the fleet ?

Yes.

Member for

20 years 1 month

[
Hopefully this will lead to expansion from their bases too.

Doubt it for the time being that BAC (:rolleyes: ) will expand, as they just have no spare aircraft available, with nearly half of the RJ100's departing for Swiss!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Doubt it for the time being that BAC (:rolleyes: ) will expand, as they just have no spare aircraft available, with nearly half of the RJ100's departing for Swiss!

Hmm yes that is true.

Member for

18 years 6 months

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=43682006
Good news for us cheapskates who are after cheaper fares! :D
Hopefully this will lead to expansion from their bases too.

I have just read this article...and I quote:

"...and the Club Europe cabin for business travellers will be axed on all short-haul European flights to and from BA's regional airports."

:eek: :eek: :eek: ARE THEY MAD...! :confused: :confused: :confused:

How will axing the Club Europe cabin help to encourage business people to travel with BA? Won't it deter people?

If this is the case, and if I was a business traveller, I would choose to fly with a low-cost carrier rather than pay the business class fare and only recieve an economy service... :D

Member for

18 years 11 months

Had a look at some of the media reports today - mention is made of a new route from Belfast - anyone any ideas where that might be? - can't really think of anywhere apart from LCY perhaps!! - would be good to get that one back at BHD since Flybe ditched it a couple of years back.

Member for

21 years

If this is the case, and if I was a business traveller, I would choose to fly with a low-cost carrier rather than pay the business class fare and only recieve an economy service... :D

Look at where this now places BAC, and then look at FlyBe. Anyone able to tell the difference between the two airlines now?

Basic economy service. Food for purchase. Allocated seats. Highish flexibility.

Economy + Cabin, with a few extra perks, frequent flyer points etc.

I really cant see any difference between the two, except in the fleets, and even then they aren't too different.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Looks and sounds very cheap and terrible. CitiExpress way better.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Ryanair are so full of themselves!!!