Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont Miss this ( SKY 1 Tonight )

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nordjet415
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2005

Dont Miss this ( SKY 1 Tonight )

Hi Members.

Have a look at SKY 1 tonight at 9.00pm.

There is a programe examining the possibility of mid air collisions over the UK between 2 passenger aircraft.

Regards

Nordjet415
  • Deano
    • Aug 2003

And alledgedly they would not allow NATS members to preview the program before release, expect alot of scare mongering again from the media which is not good for the aviation industry, makes you wonder why broadcasters do not allow the view of experts before releasing programs such as this, are they trying to be factual? or is it all about ratings? you decide

Dean
    Last edited by Deano777; 8th January 2006, 13:53.
    http://www.findmadeleine.com

Comment

• Gonzo
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Oct 2005

This will be a most interesting programme to watch. Rumours abound that a sacked ATCO will feature.

Comment

• tomfellows
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Mar 2005

What a great programme this is. I go to school in Tunbridge Wells as well and live near to there as well. Thank goodness that this didn't happen - would be terrible
        Tom
        My Jetphotos album

Comment

• symon
          Planoholic
          • Oct 2005

did they actually say how it WAS adverted, or did I just miss that?
          Sy

Everybody makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the ends of pencils.

Comment

• tomfellows
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Mar 2005

i think we were meant to believe that the TCAS System did avert a collision and that it didn't reverse its initial instruction, as was seen in the programme.
            Tom
            My Jetphotos album

Comment

• Ren Frew
              Taxi Rank User
              • Jan 2000

I didn't see the programme, but I understand it was largely speculative, would others agree ?
              Go n-ithe an cat th, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat !

Comment

• Mally
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Sep 2005

Don't miss this.......

Ren Frew
                Why waste time writing "speculative" when "crap" would suffice?
                I take it that you noticed that none of the windows were damaged on the properties, the cars that were damgaged were no older than an H plate, no holes were in the roofs and no properties were on fire. The list goes on.

Comment

• Ren Frew
                  Taxi Rank User
                  • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Mally
                  Ren Frew
                  Why waste time writing "speculative" when "crap" would suffice?
                  I take it that you noticed that none of the windows were damaged on the properties, the cars that were damgaged were no older than an H plate, no holes were in the roofs and no properties were on fire. The list goes on.
                  Er... thanks Mally.

I was actually referring to the way NATS were portrayed and not the cheap "Emmerdale Farm" plane crash stunt budget.
                  Go n-ithe an cat th, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat !

Comment

• symon
                    Planoholic
                    • Oct 2005

Yes, it wasn't terribly accurate but I think it was trying to focus more on how the UK services would respond which it put accross well. And yes, it was also quite bad publicity for NATS
                    Sy

Everybody makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the ends of pencils.

Comment

• kevinwm
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jun 2004

I got to admit I never saw the hole of the programme, but what i did see made me think of the other one about the mid air collision over Heathrow,again the authorities never got to preview it and the scenario was base on the type of ATC used In Europe ,not Heathrow
                      The Last I had heard both CSA,BA, and NATS Legal team where going to speak to the producers
                      You would think these idiots would learn a lesson
                      KEEPING THE FLAG FLYING

Comment

• wozza
                        Chelsea Fan
                        • Sep 2005

Well I think this programme was not Crap, sure they didn't have hugely expensive graphics involved and sure the properties were not really damaged, but who cares. The programme fulfilled its purpose to reveal fundamental flaws within the UK air traffic control system and showed the public the extent of the dangers present. The only way things get done in this country is if economic penalties (i.e. boycotting, protesting) are imposed by the public. In my opinion any legal action taken by NATS would be wholly unjustified, sure it brought their name into disrepute but for a good reason and can only have a positive outcome.

Perhaps graphics were done to a budget because this prison state will surely back a multi-million legal case against the producers.

Comment

• tomfellows
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Mar 2005

...and the reconstructions were quite bad - e.g. 'First' Buses were used when Arriva is the bus compnay - shocking! . Although it wasn't filmed on location, I'm pretty sure I recognised the town centre landmarks in the background
                          Tom
                          My Jetphotos album

Comment

• kevinwm
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jun 2004

The only thing these type of programmes archive is to scare the Be Jesus out of the people who know nothing about air travel, the facts are usually dodgy at the best , and all based on IF
                            I believe in facts ,not IFs
                            KEEPING THE FLAG FLYING

Comment

• Gonzo
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Oct 2005

Wozza,

can I ask what "fundamental flaws within the UK air traffic control system" it showed?

And as to showing "the public the extent of the dangers present.", you never know, maybe a TV programme will be made to show the public what would happen if at a pedestrian road crossing the lights failed and showed green to both crossing pedestrians and the cars! Oh my God! Do people know they risk virtual certain death every day?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                              X