Watch Tonight With Trevor McDonald

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Hi,

Watch the program, it appears like it is going to be putting down the airline industry and Ryanair :D

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Still missing Concorde I guess ?

Member for

18 years 6 months

It went on about how poor MyTravel were to fly people to Cancun when a hurricane was in the area, even though flights were suspended and arrangements made when it was forecast to hit the area.

However it did make a bold claim that them EU compensation rules are not worth the paper they are written on, Ryanair consistently use the loophole stipulating that compensation and refunds are not manditory when the circumstances are out of the airlines control, and constantly flights (and it seems ones with poor loads) are cancelled because "the state of the aircraft means safety is endangered" - many elderly people were thrown out of Lubeck airport and told to find their own way back to prestwich - appalling - and apparently flights were offered five days later from Dusseldorf and Frankfurt -

We all know what Ryanair are like - they should paint on the aircraft - "Get nothing more than you pay for" or "if your lucky your on this plane"

Member for

24 years 2 months

It went on about how poor MyTravel were to fly people to Cancun when a hurricane was in the area, even though flights were suspended and arrangements made when it was forecast to hit the area.

However it did make a bold claim that them EU compensation rules are not worth the paper they are written on, Ryanair consistently use the loophole stipulating that compensation and refunds are not manditory when the circumstances are out of the airlines control, and constantly flights (and it seems ones with poor loads) are cancelled because "the state of the aircraft means safety is endangered" - many elderly people were thrown out of Lubeck airport and told to find their own way back to prestwich - appalling - and apparently flights were offered five days later from Dusseldorf and Frankfurt -

We all know what Ryanair are like - they should paint on the aircraft - "Get nothing more than you pay for" or "if your lucky your on this plane"

Sounds like the ITV research team read these forums recently ?

Member for

19 years 4 months

Hi,

If I was flown to the Dom Rep to stay at a 4 or 5 Star hotel and given a 125% refund for spending a few days in a shelter - I certainly would not be complaining!

MyTravel UK

Member for

20 years 10 months

That's a valid point, but I think the point that the people who were actually on the holiday were making was that the tour operator should have realised this was happening, and never sent them in the first place. I've got to admit, that no matter how much refund/compensation, a few days in a shelter with a hurricane outside is not something I would wish to go through!

Though as the holiday company then stated, the path of a hurricane is very unpredictable, and of course that is hurricane season in that part of the world.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.