Jet2's latest Blackpool Destination

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Jet2 announced today that seats are now bookable for next winters twice weekly flight to tenerife!!
Presumably they dont intend to offer Tenerife from Manchester.
A long hop for a 737 but possible, as we have already been told before!!

Original post

Member for

18 years 5 months

I think it might be a W flight from leeds bradford as the departure from Blackpool is showing in the afternoon while the departure from Tenerife is showing in the morning.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Heres the Press Release from Jet2.com

Scorching News! Blackpool - Tenerife!
More chance to soak up the winter sun with Jet2.com

It's a fantastic 5 destinations from Blackpool, with Jet2.com today, following the scorching news that we are now on sale for Blackpool-Tenerife. These flights are the first scheduled flights to Tenerife to be on sale for Winter 06/07.

Flights to the Canary Islands’ hotspot are twice weekly – Monday & Friday.

Tenerife boasts THE BEST year-round scorching sun and offers fun, fun, fun! The island offers amazing nightlife and, if it floats your boat, stunning scenery.

Why not head to Tenerife for a long weekend break? It’s the cheapest way to stay warm in the Winter and saves on the heating bills at home!

Get Booking!

Like everyone else, I suspect it a w-leg with one of the LBA Boeing 757-200's working as follows

LBA-TFS-BLK-TFS-LBA (Most likley to be operated by Leeds crews as well) Can't see the New Blackpool B737's crews will be trained up for it.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Jet2 B752 at BLK! :eek: The place will crumble!

Member for

20 years 10 months

What superb news for Blackpool! Can see it been a big success, BLK is really doing well.

BLK has had 757s before, cant see it been much of a problem.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Yes, But at least it has time to break up first this summer.

With the 2 Based Jet2 737's and Ryanairs and not forgetting the Monarch A320's the place will be at braeking point.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Yeah it does need some expansion terminal wise, to save it from 'breaking' point.

I've never flown from Blackpool, but heard it can only just handle about one flight at a time.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Great news for BLK, but MAN, NCL, BFS and EDI seem more obvious destinations for a TFS flight?

Member for

20 years 10 months

Well I think Jet2 know better than us!

If they think that NCL, MAN etc will earn them money, they'll move in there as well!

Member for

19 years 10 months

Your theory is right Tom

But there again NCL (Charter) and MAN (Scheduled & Charter ) a satrated with flights down to Tenerife. Would it be wise for the likes of Jet2.com to operate flights from these destinations.

Edinburgh would be the most likley out of the bases to get the next low cost flights to Tenerife. But Their is one problem. They got to get in on the act before FlyGlobespan do.

What do you guys think??

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yeah it does need some expansion terminal wise, to save it from 'breaking' point.

I've never flown from Blackpool, but heard it can only just handle about one flight at a time.

I've never flown from there either, but I was there meeting a relative a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure how these flights are getting timetabled, but I'd go with your theory of anymore than one flight at a time and it's overload time.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Your right in theroy Tom

But there again NCL (Charter) and MAN (Scheduled & Charter ) a satrated with flights down to Tenerife. Would it be wise for the likes of Jet2.com to operate flights from these destinations.

Edinburgh would be the most likley out of the bases to get the next low cost flights to Tenerife. But Their is one problem. They got to get in on the act before FlyGlobespan do.

What do you guys think??

If Jet2 have one more destination for EDI hopefully it is TFS, no one serving it scheduled, and so far only a couple of weekly charter flights for next summer. There's definitely room for them! What's more, Flyglobespan don't appear to have any plans for TFS from EDI this summer, they're going for oddballs such as Bergen and Dubrovnik apparently. So Jet2 should be able to get in there first and take full advantage.

Member for

18 years 6 months

I presume they have gone for Blackpool because Manchester is a non starter due to other airlines. Blackpool is easy to get to from Lancs and Pennine areas. Agree with comments on terminal building - needs some money spending. Presumably increased income should lead to increased facilities!!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Your theory is right Tom

What do you guys think??

I suppose its all a case of just how popular TFS from MAN actually is. I mean look at the likes of Alicante and Malaga, Jet2 moved into MAN and started operating this type of route, despite massive capacity from the charters and other locos (bmi Baby and Monarch Scheduled for example). Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Of course, the W pattern that the BLK flight to TFS operates on, we don't actually know if that is going to be operated by an LBA based aircraft, the timings are different to what is operated out of LBA currently, and winter 06/07 is yet to be put on sale for TFS out of LBA. Maybe could be the mentioned MAN/NCL/EDI yet? We don't know.