Fly Globespan to get three 767's

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

According to Flight International, Fly Globespan will have three 767-300's this summer and hope to operate another US (possibly JFK) service aimed at the leisure market.

More 767s for Flyglobespan

"UK low-cost carrier Flyglobespan is to acquire three Boeing 767-300s next year as it seeks to develop its long-haul operations. The carrier plans to launch UK-North America services, starting with Glasgow-Orlando Sanford next summer, and already has a 767-300 in place for this service. Additional services could be from either London Stansted or Glasgow."

www.flightinternational.com

http://www.flightinternational.com/Articles/2005/12/20/203800/More+767s+for+Flyglobespan+.html

Original post

Member for

19 years 11 months

Oh no not JFK - talk about saturating a market. Someone obviously wants to steal a bit of CO's pie. I would prefer them to offer BOS or IAD. Marketed correctly to the short break leisure customers they could do very well.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Boston would be my preferred choice as well. New York is well served by CO, especially in summer.

Member for

18 years 9 months

I read somewhere that Flyglobesapn was looking at Orlando and possibly Miami and flights would be in a twin class setup of No Frill and Low Frills.

The prices for No Frills were very cheap for a trip across the pond.

I think we should keep an eye on what happens with these as a few US spotting trips appear on the horizon from Scotland.

Lee

Member for

18 years 9 months

Still struggle to do GLA - SFB return in June / July for less than £400.00. That is quite alot for No Frills.

Shame.

lee

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've never found them particularly cheap to be honest. Competitive yes, but not exceptionally cheap.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Still struggle to do GLA - SFB return in June / July for less than £400.00. That is quite alot for No Frills.

Shame.

lee

They were quite cheap when they first went on sale, just seems the flights are filling up, hence so are the prices.

Gaz

Member for

18 years 6 months

Has any one got any pics of Globespan, especially interiors.

Has anyone flown with 'em?

What is this airline like compared to other charter airlines like First Choice, Monarch, both of which also offer services to SFB.

Member for

20 years 10 months

I don't think they have received a 767 yet, and haven't started long haul services, so I doubt there will be any photos of the cabin, on the 767.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Has any one got any pics of Globespan, especially interiors.

Has anyone flown with 'em?

What is this airline like compared to other charter airlines like First Choice, Monarch, both of which also offer services to SFB.

This is what they are offering on the GLA-SFB flights:

Economy - No Frills Service

# Unique to the Transatlantic Market
# 30" seat pitch
# 20kg luggage allowance
# Purchase onboard a wide range of meals, snacks and refreshments
# Power outlet for laptops and video games

Premium Economy Service

# Priority check-in
# Priority boarding
# 30kg luggage allowance
# 34" seat pitch
# Full meal service
# Complimentary drinks throughout the flight
# Complimentary headsets

Business Class Service
# Use of airport executive lounge prior to departure
# Priority check-in
# Priority boarding
# 40kg luggage allowance
# Champagne prior to departure
# Sleeper seats with 50" seat pitch
# Gourmet meals served with fine wines
# Complimentary drinks throughout the flight
# Individual in-flight entertainment
# Complimentary headset
# Soft pillow and blanket

Member for

24 years 2 months

I don't think they have received a 767 yet, and haven't started long haul services, so I doubt there will be any photos of the cabin, on the 767.

No they don't have one yet, it's supposedly coming from Air New Zealand. I don't know what plans they have for the cabin interiors, let alone whether or not they'll appear in full GSM livery or a temporary/hybrid job ?

Member for

20 years 10 months

But he never returned..... :D.

Member for

24 years 2 months

But he never returned..... :D.

I'd give my high teeth to be sitting on a beach in The Canaries right now Tom. :(

Member for

20 years 10 months

Your not the only one my friend! Should have been in the tropics of Manchester yesterday :D.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Im off to TFS on tuesday Outbound FCA, inbound GSM - the best combination price wise. FCA was only £40 with free meal. GSM was £179, Pays to shop around.
GLA-MAH just been added to GSM schedule. Once weekly on a thursday ex GLA.

Member for

20 years 1 month

GLA-MAH just been added to GSM schedule. Once weekly on a thursday ex GLA.

Doesn't look like it.

Member for

20 years 1 month

ATH has just appeared on the route map this minute, but no MAH.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Lol, MAH is still there if you check the secret (shhh) way way again Stu...Starts Thursday 25th May finishes on October 26th.

Gaz