Newcastle Summer 2006

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

:) Good News!
Newcastle have released there schedule for summer 2006
the new additions include FlyJet to - Paphos, Sharm El Sheikh, Corfu, Heraklion, Kos, Palma, Lanzarote (arricife), Tenrerife (south) and Malaga.

also monarch to Puerto Plata - taking over excel who had quite bad delays for this route in summer 2005

another new route includes excel NCL - Kavala i think?????
also NCL - SAntorini again i think????????

and for the first time for the summer season
Newcastle - Djerba

like I always think about this airport - the only way is up :)

Original post

Member for

18 years 4 months

damn right ncl on the way up! and if we get a route to the USA going we'll be well on the way

Member for

18 years 2 months

damn right ncl on the way up! and if we get a route to the USA going we'll be well on the way

i totally agree with that. And it has been proven that NCL is the fastest growing airport in Europe. For all you who don't believe that then go onto NCL's website and check out the masterplan and our new £8.5 million control tower - possibly to cope with the 747 which could use the runaway more eaisilly and lets hope that we see the big companies eg Qantas, Singapore airlines etc. Also i don't know if you remember back about 3 or 4 years ago when we almost got flights to Durban and Port Elizabeth in SOUTH AFRICA!, well lets hope that we will get them sorts of flights. I have been told it take 10 hours give or take to get from NCL to South Africa

Member for

18 years 4 months

dude im doing a course on airline and airport ops at collage and it been confirmed that newcastle is now fully BOEING 747 capable just one at a time like on the end of the gate ways still jus that could bring in some big companies personly i wanna c virgin use ncl would be great to see a airbus a340 every know and then

Member for

18 years 2 months

Thanks I didn't know that

but i should have known from the 2 747's we had in the summer

British airways
Air Atlanta

also a 777

Member for

18 years 4 months

there was the BA that got diverted cos of the strikes at heathrow and there was another that was a reserve aircraft for air atlanta that flew in from CUBA! to take some people to orlando cos there plane bust there 777 was one of the strike diverts too and there was also a 767

Member for

18 years 2 months

I remember that
My dad was working in dinnington and rung me up and said he saw the BA 747 in it's United Kingdom livery. He also spotted some hong kong people looking lost and confused :)

Member for

18 years 4 months

hehe i came in from nice on easyjet just as that one was taking off i was litterly crossing the end of the runway to land and out the window was this huge 747 just sitting there waitng for us to land got a gr8 view of her taking off she arced away like a fighter plane awsome!

Member for

18 years 4 months

dude theyve just got 2 brandnew 757s we could get one of them based a ncl

Member for

18 years 2 months

kool

Is that Jet 2 if it is then thats one of my hopes done
and logically thinking it all fits

New Jet2 plane - 757 is called Jet2Menorca

AND NCL to Menorca starts MAY 25TH according to JET2.COM

:) :) :) :) :)

Member for

18 years 4 months

there we gan then me thinks we have a based aircraft unless they get more 757s

Member for

18 years 2 months

true but also

MANCHESTER AND LEEDS/BRADFORD also operate to MAHON

Member for

18 years 4 months

yeah but were better than all of them hehe and with all the potential of newcastle plus the fact they already have to based 737s here says something

Member for

18 years 2 months

Actually it does sound convincing when you put it like that

Member for

18 years 4 months

plus the amount of holiday traffic that gans though NCL in summer they wont be able to resist ive seen planes queing back to the hard stand to take of fin high season

Member for

18 years 2 months

Yeh your right

i remember going to see the planes - it was a sunday
and one of those was the last flight of NCL - colonge and it was busy then

Member for

18 years 4 months

can u imagine if they get jumbos in there major busyness

Member for

18 years 2 months

I Can't actually

It will be great when it happens but the crowds will be hectic
but then again the local economy could greatly benefit
6 and two 3's really! :)

Member for

18 years 4 months

yurp dont think ncl could take more than 2 at a time cos they can only take one on the promande and the hardstand can just take one

Member for

18 years 2 months

yeh

then again thats why we have the master plan