First thread for the new year

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

Happy new year everyone. I was just going to shutdown my PC for the night when i decided to share with you a work in progress I have :)

Shouldn't be too difficult to identify.

Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

Happy new year all! I'm going to guess 757?

Member for

20 years 8 months

That's the B787 isn't it, can't tell you which varient though. Although something else is telling me it's the B777 or they could both be wrong!?

Member for

19 years 10 months

That's the B787 isn't it, can't tell you which varient though.

Hey, it's late ;)

Member for

19 years 8 months

Happy New Year All....it could be the 777, with those new Quieter engines that ANA,Boeing and GE are test flying at the moment....or a 787

Member for

20 years 5 months

Those of you guessing 787 are correct :)

Here it is, with Boeing's rendition for comparison.

I got given this in a rather large high res size.... it inspired me to do a new template. Seems my originals were not all that far off :)

Member for

20 years 8 months

The Dreamliner colours example is a stunner!

Member for

20 years 5 months

And, I just lost the bloody lot! 5 hours of work down the drain.

Stupid bloody keyboard somehow shut photoshop down, saving the master 787 template in the size and format of the attached file you see here!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!

Member for

19 years 11 months

Ai ai aiiiii!!!

Technology is sent to try us, mate.

Luckily it's not an insurmountable problem for a man of your talents.

I still say it's Son of 777...... :D

Happy New Year. :)

Member for

20 years 5 months

:( never mind Sandy...nice work though

happy new year

Member for

20 years 5 months

Oh well, time to start from scratch

Member for

19 years 11 months

Can you not re-size the master template, or would you lose too much detail that way?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ouch I hate it when that happens :dev2: Lovely work though Sandy!
Keep your head up and not banging on the computer :D lol

Cheers,
Sam

Member for

20 years 5 months

Can you not re-size the master template, or would you lose too much detail that way?

Thing is, the master template is (or rather was) 5500 pixels wide at 300 dpi. the jpeg above is 1000 pixels wide at 72 dpi.

On top of that, it has no layers. Its the layers that enable me to "paint" any livery I want on the template and still have or the doors, windows and details etc show on top of the livery.
That's about as simple as I can explain it. LOL if you're still with me, you'll see why the attached jpeg above is as much use as a chocolate radiator, or if you prefer, an ash tray on a motorbike.

The cause of this mishap is my new (and seemingly faulty) wireless keyboard. It seems to "hold" down the shift key on its own accord as and when it fancies. So when I pressed ESC to come out of photoshop last night, my lovely keyboard held down the shift key on its own. Shift + ESC is a photoshop shortcut to quit all drawings and save them in their current state, no questions asked. As the last state of the template had been me shrinking it and saving it as jpeg to attatch here, thats how it saved.

< Insert several expletives here >

Needles to say, this Keyboard is getting returned!

Member for

19 years 11 months

Ahhhh... I see the problem now. :(

I never did trust these here new-fangled wireless thingymabobs.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Ahhhh... I see the problem now. :(

I never did trust these here new-fangled wireless thingymabobs.

I agree, but with the possible exception of wireless internet, and I only say that because right at this moment I'm sat in bed writing this. Disgracefully lazy I know but still pretty cool!

Then again, technology ain't fun when it makes the decision to do things on its own, especially when you loose your last 5 hours work!

Paul

Member for

18 years 5 months

How long before we get a rogue 777 taking itself off to somewhere warm like the Bahamas because it doesn't want to go to Russia :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 5 months

How long before we get a rogue 777 taking itself off to somewhere warm like the Bahamas because it doesn't want to go to Russia :rolleyes:

Nevermind a 777, what about those more automated machines Toulouse pumps out.... he he

Member for

19 years 9 months

Very very frighting indeed, Boeing with computer that sound like George W and Airbus with a Chirac voice, Boeing,wanting to take over the world and Airbus taking strops over having to fly to the USA :eek: :eek: :eek:

Think i start to take the train from now
Kevin