Disruptive Passenger Kicked Off At Porto Santo. (Merged)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 9 months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4567856.stm

Got what he deserved :diablo:

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Why do people have to be like that!?

I remember seeing a drunk get carried off a Flybe 146 at Guernsey last year. Laughed my head off as he was half naked due to the dussling, but i'm sure the pax werent happy, as they lined up on the runway, before aborting the takeoff, for that passenger to be thrown off!

An artice was found later on the flybe website, banning him from using flybe for life :D

Member for

20 years 1 month

I really can't understand how these people work! So annoying!

Member for

19 years 5 months

Hehehe, i read this article abotu an hour ago very amusing!!! :D Must of cost a bit extra on Monarch's behalf for diverting and making the flight 4 hours late, though suppose if he really was that bad its not an issue. Full credit to the captain he did what was best at the end of the day :diablo:

Member for

20 years 6 months

Good riddence to the idiot. I hope he's stuck on that Island for a good while. Will give him plenty of time to realise how stupid he is.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Hope he was planning an exotic holiday :p Not funny what drink can do to you though :(

Wonder how long it will take him to get back. Actually though, from the links on the BBC story it looks like quite a nice place.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Wise move - and no doubt the pilot must feel some pressure from Ops due to the cost/hassle involved.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Lamps Monarch won't be footing the bill at the end of the day. Normally in this case the idiot will be charged and given a court date. If found guilty he will have to pay all costs including Fuel,Landing fees,Passenger compensation, etc etc. He will also be black listed by all other charter operators, so he might have problems getting home.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Man Gets Kicked Off At Porto Santo.

Hi all

Just heard on the local radio (Key 103) the news that a man who was distruptive to crew on a Monarch Schedualed A321 flight from Manchester to Tenerifé - Sur diverted the flight to Porto Santo and was kicked off the flight,

The man (53 years old) was travelling alone and when he refused to calm down the captain decied to divert, so he diverted to Porto Santo so close to Madeira (Funchal) (incase you didnt know where Porto Santo is) and dropped him off and took back off onwards to Tenerifé-Sur

The man is now in Tenerifé-Sur but the Police have told him to return to the UK and now faces 2 years in prison

Jon

Member for

19 years 9 months

That is bull####, they divert just for one guy.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Hasn't there already been a thread on this?

Member for

20 years 1 month

If he's disruptive, or abusive, why not!?

The captain has the final say on the saftey of his souls on board

Member for

19 years 10 months

It's better than him injuring passengers and crew and disturbing the whole flight, it's just routine to divert.

Member for

18 years 5 months

What puzzles me is how on earth was he able to travel on from Porto Santo to Tenerife!

What airline was stupid enough to take him and similarly what airline will bring him back?

Member for

19 years 10 months

Maybe he won't travel by aircraft, boat maybe?

Member for

20 years

Threads now merged.

Please remember to check the current threads before you start a new one. :)

GA

Member for

18 years 7 months

Yer soz bout that.

Anyway he probably got a flight to madeira then connected onwards. his flight home, wont be with Monarch as he has been banned from using there services,

Member for

18 years 5 months

Well I think he should have been given a one-way ticket on a slow boat to China!

Member for

19 years 1 month

serves him right. They can't afford to take chances, so they did the best thing by dropping him off. He caused a problem, so he has to face the consequences.

Member for

20 years 6 months

No its not.

UK airlines ( I think most airlines world wide actually) have a zero tolerance for abusive passengers. The only way they can show they are serious is to do exactly what this fine Monarch crew did. Divert, kick the troublemaker off and continue on their way.

Member for

19 years 10 months

No its not.

UK airlines ( I think most airlines world wide actually) have a zero tolerance for abusive passengers. The only way they can show they are serious is to do exactly what this fine Monarch crew did. Divert, kick the troublemaker off and continue on their way.

Very well said!

If I'm on a flight, and there's a mad passenger onboard, who is abusive and probably drunk, I'd think about how he's capable of anything as he's not aware of his actions. I would want the plane to be on the ground as soon as possible! I'd rather delay the holiday, than have no holiday atall if that man did something stupid...