Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is 6th Freedom?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zoot horn rollo
    Lady Gaga is my queen
    • Sep 2005

No, the agreement only refers to airlines and origin/destination of passsengers doesn't get mentioned at all (how could that be regulated?) but I don't have the actual text to hand so it would be fruitless to speculate further on the actual wording. However, I seem to remember that only a small number of airlines were allowed to operate services between the UK and Nepal from either country.
    I don't want to die, because I don't want to end up like Anita Dobson - Frank Sidebottom, actually.
    Thank you

Comment

• chornedsnorkack
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by zoot horn rollo
      and origin/destination of passsengers doesn't get mentioned at all (how could that be regulated?)
      For example, does anyone know the actual language of regulations and terms of Canada/USA air services agreements designed to stop passengers from travelling from USA to USA with a stop in Canada on Canadian airlines?

Comment

• hiddeneurope
        • Nov 2005

Can't help you on the exact language of service agreements on US / Canada air services, but the US is (as mentioned earlier on this thread) really down on the idea on Canadian carriers 'stealing' domestic US traffic. So there are no sixth freedom thru routings at all, with a Canadian carrier starting in the US, stopping in Canada, then returning to the US. Even more, it is extremely difficult to book a journey from one US point to another US point via Canada. Try booking Los Angeles to Boston via Toronto with Air Canada and you'll see that the booking engine simply won't accept it. Even intermediaries (such as Expedia) won't allow such bookings. A wonderful illustration of how the US, great chamption of free trade that it pretends to be, erects non-tariff barriers to free competition. Hope this helps you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X