Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Aussie Airliners

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDK
    JDK
    Mr Tweed
    • Sep 2003

Some Aussie Airliners

Not my usual haunt, here, more of a vintage aviation chap.

However, as I've been travelling around between Melbourne, Sydney and Hobart recently, I thought the pictures might be of interest, being a bit more far flung than much of the stuff here. If it's of no interest, my apologies.

The first batch were all taken at Melbourne Tullamarine, on November 23rd, as we were flying out to Sydney (where the weather was awful, so no pictures there) except for the last one, which was taken at Sydney airport on our way back to Melbourne on the 29th November.

Type and airline etc, I'm sure you are better able to state than me, but I'll happily try and answer any questions.
    Attached Files
    James K

Looking and thinking...
    Vintage Aero Writer: Blog & Details
  • JDK
    JDK
    Mr Tweed
    • Sep 2003

This batch are all taken at Hobart, a cute little airport (you can almost see it in the first pic across the spit of land). First photo was on the way in on 5th December, the latter batch on the way out on the 11th, the preceding aircraft leaving, our aircraft arriving and loading two wheelchair-bound passengers.

If you guess that I only tend to take airliners when I'm waiting to board, you'd be right!
    Attached Files
    James K

Looking and thinking...

Comment

• steve rowell
      Expat Geordie
      • Apr 2003

Great to see some home grown pictures. What did you think of the Jetstar A320, i had occasion to fly to the Gold Coast recently and found the seat pitch very cramped
      Best Regards Steve

Comment

• Canpark
        KQNDVN
        • Jul 2004

Looking at those fotos remind me of Ansett damn I miss that airline.

Comment

• JDK
          JDK
          Mr Tweed
          • Sep 2003

Great to see some home grown pictures. What did you think of the Jetstar A320, i had occasion to fly to the Gold Coast recently and found the seat pitch very cramped
          Thanks Steve,
          As regards seat pitch, I'm 6'4" in old money (1.93m) so all airline seats fit the heading of 'inadequate' unless I sit in a useful bulkhead or escape row. Normally travelling with Mrs JDK, so we can share what little legroom we have, plus a window seat (usually). The good bit is most airline check-ins, when they see me coming, often offer a suitable row. Must be the height my smile comes from (I'm aware there are many taller folks than me - I really don't know how they cope!)
          James K

Looking and thinking...

Comment

• G-CDFF
            • Sep 2005

Excellent pics!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
            X