Nice Pic? You decide

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=972099&size=L&width=1024&height=705&sok=&photo_nr=&prev_id=&next_id=

I thought it was pretty cool :)

Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

T'is a nice one, and that runway is incredibly flat :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

Yes, that's an impressive shot alright!!

Member for

19 years 7 months

Both are stunning shots! :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=972099&size=L&width=1024&height=705&sok=&photo_nr=&prev_id=&next_id=

I thought it was pretty cool :)

The crew probably didn't think it was that cool ;) If you had acces to the vicerecorder of that 74 at the time of the go-around, I sure you would hear something like 'ahhh bl++dy'ell, here we go!' :D A go-around is something you do not need after a long flight!

Member for

24 years 3 months

T'is a nice one, and that runway is incredibly flat :D

Thats the benefit of making your own land out of the sea, you can decide on the shape LOL.

Member for

20 years 8 months

The crew probably didn't think it was that cool ;) If you had acces to the vicerecorder of that 74 at the time of the go-around, I sure you would hear something like 'ahhh bl++dy'ell, here we go!' :D A go-around is something you do not need after a long flight!

Indeed not Galdri, and I'm sure the beancounters hate it too, Galdri what equipment do you fly? is it the 752 for icelandair? and any idea how much a routine go-around costs your airline?

Member for

18 years 4 months

yeah thats a great picture, what airport is that at?

Member for

20 years 8 months

Schiphol for the first one & Christchurch NZ for the 2nd one :)

Member for

18 years 4 months

I see, wow, both are amazing.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Indeed not Galdri, and I'm sure the beancounters hate it too, Galdri what equipment do you fly? is it the 752 for icelandair? and any idea how much a routine go-around costs your airline?

True, the beancounters do not like go-arounds either, they might actually like them even less than the pilots! :eek: :diablo: I'm on the B737 with Air Atlanta Icelandic at the moment, but for how long is open to debate, as the airline has announced it's plans to retire them all before next october. However, they seem to be getting rid of them a lot faster than initially planned :eek:

As for the question about the costs of go-arounds, I've to admit, that I've never seen such a figure. If we are only talking about a go-around that would resault in a traffic pattern and a landing at the original destination, I do'nt think the cost would be too great. On the 73 only about, say, 1000kg of fuel, plus the extra, say, 10 min flying time (depending on location of course).