Ryanair - 5 New Routes & Hungary

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 9 months

Ryanair have announced today that they will begin operating 5 new routes - 4 from Stansted and 1 from Luton:
Stansted - Balaton (Hungary)
Stansted - Lamezia (Italy)
Stansted - Parma (Italy)
Stansted - Vitoria (Spain)
Luton - Brest (France)

They will commence operation from 17th Feb - 31st March next year, and bring FR at Stansted up to 90 routes, and 12 at Luton.

I was in Hungary this year and Ryanair's new route will prove popular I'm sure as currently Budapest is the only major airport and Lake Balaton is a popular tourist spot. Good to see them growing at Stansted again!

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Are they not calling Ballaton, Budapest-Ballaton? If there is only a few hundred miles between the two, it won't be a problem.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Are they not calling Ballaton, Budapest-Ballaton? If there is only a few hundred miles between the two, it won't be a problem.

Woah, original.

Member for

20 years 8 months

And yes, excellent news for STN. 90 routes, that's a pretty damn large amount. How many routes do BA serve from LHR?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Woah, original.

:confused: Unbelievably, it was a serious question. To most, Ballaton is going to mean nothing. Perhaps putting the closest city name before the airport name will make some sense.

That's what Ryanair do, isn't it?

Member for

18 years 6 months

The area around Siofok / Lake Balaton is a pretty special destination in it's own right, and I'd highly recommend it. (Assuming that it is Balaton they are flying to and not actually somewhere else...).