BACE

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any information in BACE (British Airways City Express) or whatever they have changed the name to.

I am finding it difficult trying to find out what routes they serve, their exact fleet and that sort of stuff as well as financial information (such as revenues, profits/losses) and passenger numbers.

Finally, is their any more news on the rebranding?

Thanks for the help,

Wozza

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Hi mate, ok the real name is British Airways CitiExpress (BACX)

The Routes they predominantly serve, are domestic and European routes, from bases at MAN, BHX, BRS and EDI. As you may know, they have cut back big time from the likes of MAN in the last few months.

Go to the BA Route map = http://www.britishairways.com/travel/routeintro/public/en_gb?prim=plantrip and BACX are the Orange lines.

Their fleet consist of 28 ERJ's, 16 ARJ100's (6 will transfer over to SWISS by Feb 2006) 8 Dash 8-300's, and 4 BAe146's, with the reg's availabe here = http://www.jethros.i12.com/FLEETS/Listings/BA_CITIEXPRESS.htm

Regarding the financial side, sorry can't help you there :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

I am finding it difficult trying to find out what routes they serve, their exact fleet and that sort of stuff as well as financial information (such as revenues, profits/losses) and passenger numbers.

British Airways does not release individual financial results for its regional operations, they are purely included in BA's bottomline figures, and probbaly well disquised in there.

For their year 2004 (1st Jan - 31st Dec) they report 4.16million passengers, down from 4.6m the year before and 5.6m the year before that. In 2004 the average load factor was marginally over 58%, down on the previous 2 years. In total 2004 saw 5.766 million available passenger km, with revenue passenger km being 3.401 million.

Finally, is their any more news on the rebranding?

I spoke to David Evans (Managing Director) at a recent conference and he was letting NOTHING slip out! They're keeping it very close to their chest, although I understand that Business fares/class will still be available across their network.

Member for

18 years 7 months

I think the UK CAA still report seperate traffic figures for BACX which you can download from their website (eventually when you find where the numbers are).