Rockhopper

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Good Evenin' all,

I just been looking at the Rockhopper web page and you have permission to call me mad but I have fallen in love with them, having a browse over Jethros for the last month or so it has said that the J31s are due, is there any news on their delivery?

Additionally here is an article you might find interesting: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3695111.stm

Wozza

Original post

Member for

20 years 3 months

Having a browse over Jethros for the last month or so it has said that the J31s are due, is there any news on their delivery?
Wozza

Apparently, the first one is due fairly shortly

Member for

18 years 8 months

Good Evenin' all,

I just been looking at the Rockhopper web page and you have permission to call me mad but I have fallen in love with them, having a browse over Jethros for the last month or so it has said that the J31s are due, is there any news on their delivery?

Additionally here is an article you might find interesting: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3695111.stm

Wozza

No I don't think your mad I Like Rockhopper a very good airline from my nans local airport bournemouth I here there moving there base to JER any reason for that.

Fokker Fan
James

Member for

18 years 11 months

Horses for courses....

As a regular visitor to Guernsey I see Rockhopper Trislanders on a regular basis, though I don't actually use them, as I usually get FlyBe BAe 146's to and from LGW.

Both Rockhopper and Aurigny (locally based in GCI) seem to have a refreshing "small town" feel about them, certainly the few trips I've made on Aurigny have a slightly more "pioneering" feel to them than the slicker FlyBe trips.

Will try and posts a composite LGW/GCI trip photo-report in due course.

Paul F (More usually found lurking around the historic forum)

Member for

20 years 11 months

I too am a regular visitor to Guernsey. I usually fly with Aurigny. My personal feeling of Rockhopper is that they are a bit of a yappy dog snapping at everyone elses heels, but in fairness they are doing very well.

I have travelled on many Aurigny Trislanders (as well as the rest of the fleet), and you will never have more fun on an aircraft. Landing at Alderney on a windy day is great fun. Even my parents loved it when I took them.

I would recommend a trip to the Channel Islands to anyone. Especially if you like regional flying on small aircraft.

1L.

Member for

19 years 3 months

Sorry to be pedantic chaps but they are J32's not J31's.

Cheers,

J man

Member for

18 years 4 months

Rockhopper

I understand the Jetstreams are to be operated on a contract bases, the only way if the contract is to operate in the Channel Islands is possible to feed vistors to the islands for a number of hotels.

There was a major funding in put by a group of hotels which a health company is behind.

If this was the idea the could operate from a number of reginal airports not operated by normal commercial operators.

There has been a number of applications to the C.A.A. to operate from Wolverhampton International and Ronaldsway I.O.M ,this may be some or the areas Rockhopper may be looking at with the Jetstream would be ideal for this type of operation.

The one stumbling block is the Jetstream is unable i believe to operate into and out of Alderney if this is the case they would need to feed Alderney via Jersey or Guernsey on there schedules

Member for

18 years 6 months

Mornin' all,

I was reading a very old airliner world this morning, June 2004, and read that G-RHOP was stripped to the bone and rebuilt using new parts, can anyone tell me any more on this and if any other Islander/Trislander's have had this treatment,

Cheers,

Wozza

Member for

20 years 3 months

The first Jetstream N871JX is now on it's way from the States, although it current UK destination is unclear