BA 767s/757s

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 9 months

I thought that BA were "dusking" all their 767s for medium/long haul services but now see that some are still listed as operating European services next Summer. Can anyone in the know shed some light on their plans for the short haul 767s?
Also what are their plans regards continued operation of the remaining 14? B757s??

Original post

Member for

20 years 10 months

As I understand it...

As I understand it the 757/767 fleets are as follows, although I am happy to be corrected. Perhaps MarkL can tell me if I'm right as he is always more up to speed on our fleet than I am.

13 757's

BPEC
BPED
BPEE
BPEI
BPEJ
BPEK
CPEL
CPEM In the Blue Peter colour scheme.
CPEN
CPEO
CPER
CPES
CPET

10 current longhaul config 767's

BNWH
BNWI
BNWM
BNWN
BNWO
BNWR
BNWS
BNWT
BNWU
BNWV

Once these aircraft have all been 'dusked' into the new longhaul config, the 4 current shorthaul config aircraft highlighted in brackets will also be dusked to join the longhaul fleet.

11 current shorthaul config 767's

(BNWA)
(BNWB)
(BNWC)
(BNWD)
BNWW
BNWX
BNWY
BNWZ
BZHA
BZHB The only one still with a world image tail (Holland).
BZHC

There are no plans for any of these aircraft to leave the fleet in the short term, but I am sure the right offer would change that. As we always say 'todays plan is tomorrows chip wrapper'. The plan of 319/320/321 for shorthaul and 747/777 is still the current aim, but as you probably know the powers that be are in the middle of a 'future fleet requirement evaluation'.

I hope that answers your questions.

1L.

Member for

20 years 11 months

WTF does 'dusking' mean. I wish airline managers (indeed all managers) would speak plain English.

Does give a handly excuse to post these though, some genuine 'dusking' shots (last two at 1600 ISO, about 45 minutes after sunset)

Attachments

Member for

20 years 10 months

Moondance,

The most recent re-fit of our longhaul aircraft included beds in the Club World business class cabin, so the re-fit programme was named the Dusk programme. I guess the connection was getting dark and going to bed.

Hence re-fitting an aircraft became 'dusking', one that had been done would be referred to as 'dusked', and so on.

Nice pic's by the way.

1L.

Member for

21 years

1L, thats my understanding of the plan, however the exact 4 short haul aircraft to be converted to Long Haul config does seem to be changing quite a bit with numerous combinations suggested to me by various people. 4 SH to LH does seem to be confirmed though.

Member for

19 years 8 months

what long haul routes do the current "dusked" 767s fly then?

Member for

19 years 10 months

So

If the Boeings 767's of British Airways are coming off Long Haul Routes. What are they going to put on there daily Manchester - New York Run.

Don't Tell me there are going to downgrade it to a Boeing 757, Or are they axeing it all together?? Now that would upset a lot of people up North in MAN. Also means that London Airways would only operate transatlantic from London's 2 Airports Heathrow and Gatwick.

Member for

20 years 10 months

lbaspotter,

Have another read through the thread mate.

There are 4 more 767's going to longhaul, not leaving. There will be 14 longhaul config and 7 shorthaul config once the refits are completed.

1L.

Member for

21 years

Current Long Haul 767 routes are:

Heathrow:

Detroit
Baltimore
Nassau with continuation to Cayman or Providenciales
Accra
Dar es Salaam
Entebbe
Luanda
Nairobi

Manchester:

JFK

Member for

20 years 10 months

Don't forget TLV.

1L.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Dar es Salaam where is that?
sorry for my ignorance!

Member for

21 years

Tanzania, not exactly the capital but its the main commercial city, a bit like Lagos in Nigeria although more confused!

Member for

20 years 10 months

Is anywhere on earth more confused than Lagos?

1L.

Member for

21 years

LMAO that is certainly debatable!

Member for

19 years 9 months

Im lead to belive that the 767 At Mancheter should be going for it dusking in the next few months (DEC-JAN)
Kevin