Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Airlines is gone

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gpb_croppers63
    Flightaholic
    • Oct 2003
    • 341

    Olympic Airlines is gone

    Just read a thread on Airliners.net about Olympic Airlines. It's to be replaced by a new unnamed company. The initial poster on Airliners thought the new company was going to be called "Athens" but this is in fact where the news item is reported from .

    For more info see:

    http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/2442258/

    http://www.redorbit.com/news/technol...e=r_technology

    http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w.../11/2005_63073
    Last edited by gpb_croppers63; 17th November 2005, 00:37.
    Best Regards, Gareth
  • dc10fan
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2004
    • 337

    #2
    Just had a look on that airliners.net thread; as usual there's some complete rubbish quoted on there. I'm sure the Olympic name would be maintained but just altered slightly; how about "Olympic Greece". Changing the name to "Athens" would be like Air France becoming "Paris".
    Regards the post from a yank stating that KLM would obtain the 717s to replace the F100s; hardly likely when KLM are in the process of obtaining more F100s and still considering a 50 a/c order with Rekkof.

    Comment

    • Manston Airport
      Fokker Crazy
      • Jul 2005
      • 4798

      #3
      Originally posted by dc10fan
      Regards the post from a yank stating that KLM would obtain the 717s to replace the F100s; hardly likely when KLM are in the process of obtaining more F100s and still considering a 50 a/c order with Rekkof.

      Where did you see that from?
      Well thats normal from Yank to say that there aircraft boeing are the best and ever airline should buy them.
      KLM are adding more F100 and it is said that Air France, via its regional subsidiary "Regional Airlines" has already placed an order for 6 Emb 190LR to replace its own F70/F100 fleet However, these Fokkers are going to KLM...

      see my post about KLM might replace F100 http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50179

      Back to subject what will happen to Olympic Airlines fleet will it go to the new airline. It is sad to see Olympic Airlines has gone from are skies

      James
      Fokker Fan
      Looking forward to the 2010 airshow Season

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Spence_CWL
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2004
        • 465

        #4
        Yes , it's a shame they never found a buyer to privatise it.

        Comment

        • wozza
          Chelsea Fan
          • Sep 2005
          • 1089

          #5
          Originally posted by Spence_CWL
          Yes , it's a shame they never found a buyer to privatise it.
          Originally posted by Salesman_for_Olympic

          "Hi, I would like to talk to you about Olympic, would you like to buy it. It makes heavy losses - running into several 100 Millions, we are selling the useful aircraft on such as the A300s and we are attempting to put Olympic into further debt by buying some fuel thirsty clapped out B737 Classics to sweeten the deal,

          Interested?"
          Sounds a good buy doesn't it

          Comment

          • Pablo
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • May 2004
            • 868

            #6
            Originally posted by dc10fan
            Just had a look on that airliners.net thread; as usual there's some complete rubbish quoted on there. I'm sure the Olympic name would be maintained but just altered slightly; how about "Olympic Greece". Changing the name to "Athens" would be like Air France becoming "Paris".
            Regards the post from a yank stating that KLM would obtain the 717s to replace the F100s; hardly likely when KLM are in the process of obtaining more F100s and still considering a 50 a/c order with Rekkof.
            After the demise of Sabena, DAT became SN Brussels. Why not OA Athens?
            Regards

            Pablo

            Comment

            Unconfigured Ad Widget

            Collapse

             

            Working...
            X