Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 4 months

http://www.airsouthwest.com/news/

From April 10 next year Air Southwest will:

· Launch daily return services from Newquay Airport to Cardiff

· launch daily return services from Cardiff to Manchester

· launch a daily service from Bristol to Norwich

· increase its Bristol to Leeds Bradford service from two to three flights a day

· launch first non-stop direct flights from Newquay to Leeds Bradford

· launch an improved twice-daily service from Newquay to Manchester

· base an aircraft and dedicated crew at Bristol

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Fantastic news all round!!

I might use that MAN-CWL service in the very near future!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Vey interesting developments! - especially MAN-CWL

Member for

18 years 6 months

Great News,

I'm particularly delighted that they are enhancing their services to my local airport Leeds Bradford.

Does anyone know if the Newquay services feed into Isles of Scilly Skybus services to St Mary's or if thru' fares are available? Much as I enjoy the Penzance to IOS helicopter service the road or train journey down is a bit of a pain

Member for

21 years

Interesting stuff, will this require new aircraft, or will they just utilise their existing aircraft more efficiently. It looks from that like at least one new aircraft may be required?

Member for

18 years 8 months

well that is good news for Air Southwest. Does anyone know how pax there flights are?

James

Member for

19 years

Great news!!!

but suprised that their isn't any more Plymouth Expansion :mad:

Member for

19 years

Shows a measured expansion, just a pity they wouldn't spread their wings a little further and include destinations in Scotland and possibly even N Ireland (BHD, of course!)

Member for

18 years 6 months

They look a good airline, might have to try them soon.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Nice to see the little airline getting on so well. They have one flight a day to DUB and loads seem to be quite positive.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Great news for all the airports involved, especially CWL :D:D:D

Member for

19 years 8 months

Brilliant, I'm so pleased about the CWL part! This'l send Air Wales into a spin, I mean they wouldn't have expected another regional airline to muscle in on their home patch would they. And if AS can make the MAN service work, which 6G couldn't, whos to say they won't expand to more routes at the airport, possibly competing head on with 6G? Ooooo, finally some competition!!!:)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Shows a measured expansion, just a pity they wouldn't spread their wings a little further and include destinations in Scotland and possibly even N Ireland (BHD, of course!)

Indeed this is the kind of operate that BHD deserves lol. If only we had more of the likes of smaller operators would mean alot better for spotting!!

Mind you Biz Jets can be interesting in BHD - Iceland (the uk food ppls) _______ VP-CED

Member for

20 years 11 months

Superb news that LBA-BRS is going 3 daily, heard it was doing well, that proves it! Also great news that LBA-NQY will be direct non stop.

EDIT - Press Release regarding LBA services:

Air Southwest doubles flights from Leeds Bradford Airport
16 November 2005

Air Southwest, one of the UK’s fastest growing low fares regional airlines, has today announced is it to double flights from Leeds Bradford Airport to the South West of England.

A third daily flight will be added from Leeds to Bristol giving increased flexibility for business and leisure travellers alike, and a new daily non-stop flight to Newquay in Cornwall will be introduced.

Tickets for the extra flights go on sale today from just £19 one-way to Bristol and £29 one-way to Newquay, including all taxes and charges, at www.airsouthwest.com. The extra flights will start on April 10 next year, so passengers are urged to book early to secure the best deals.

Malcolm Naylor, chief executive of Air Southwest, said: “We’re delighted to be doubling our flights from Leeds Bradford in response to demand from our customers, building on our established formula of low fares and quality service.

“With the new enhanced schedule it’s never been easier for people to head to Cornwall and Newquay Airport is just a few miles from the stunning Watergate Bay, soon to be home to Jamie Oliver’s new Cornwall Fifteen restaurant.

Ed Anderson, Managing Director of Leeds Bradford International Airport,
said: “We are delighted by the success of Air Southwest’s links to Devon and Cornwall over the last 9 months, and that the popularity of these flights has enabled them to give the people of Yorkshire more choice with the addition of a direct flight to Newquay.”

Air Southwest was launched two years ago and is part of the Plymouth-based transport and regeneration group Sutton Harbour Holdings Plc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange.

Air Southwest operates a fleet of comfortable 50-seater Dash 8-300 aircraft

Member for

19 years 5 months

but suprised that their isn't any more Plymouth Expansion :mad:

Not the only one. Particularly wth Air Wales axing PLH-DUB and moving ORK to EXT, It might be in Sutton Harbour Holdings interest for their airline to replace Air Wales on these routes from its airport ;)

Member for

18 years 6 months

Well perhaps this is something they want to do but they don't have enough a/c, and they wanted to make a presence at other airports over expansion from their home base.

Are they going to get a G-WOWE?

Member for

20 years 11 months

I would imagine they know what they are doing better than us somehow..

Member for

18 years 6 months

who implied we knew more?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Sorry Warren I got completely the wrong end of the stick... apoligies :).

Member for

19 years 8 months

Not too sure about the CWL-Newquay route though, I mean it's great we've got it, but I'm not sure how long it'll last. Air Wales (6G) have just axed CWL-PLH because load factors were so poor, and despite much marketing and incentives their services from the cities (CWL, LCY, PLH, DUB) to SWS for weekend breaks on the Gower Peninsula (area of outstanding natural beauty, sandy beaches, watersports etc.) failed to reallt take off. So far air links between South Wales and the south west have been doomed to failure, and I can't really see this being much different.

Member for

19 years

CWL-PLH has not been axed