Topgear

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Hi,

I'm sure many of you watch topgear and is the airport which it is filmed at (Dunsfold Park - I think) open for commercial ops, in addition to this whats the B747 parked in the background that we saw when cars were doing their laps.

I wonder what the stig came up as on airport x-ray machines! :D

Wozza

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

This is the 747 G-BDXJ seen after touching down at Dunsfold:
http://www.airteamimages.com/imageFiles/uploads/9470_800.jpg
Its now used for film work.

For more info about Dunsfold have a look here

Cheers

Paul

Member for

18 years 6 months

Cheers for that, what sort of film work?

Member for

18 years 11 months

did ye also notice the red arrows were in the background during last seasons episodes.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Is Jeremy Clarkson an aviation fan, after watching the, as always amusing, topgear tonight he made several references to aviation in just a short time - it would be great if he was a fan.

I'd like to add that I am watching "I'm a celebritiy get me out of here". I noticed the a/c they are parachuting out of is some dodgy little cessna like thing (type would be appreciated) however when I search the reg - VH-MMV i keep getting to a F27 can anyone provide an explanation

EDIT - I found this stating that it was written off in 2001: http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20010429-0 :eek: Ghost Aircraft on the loose!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Is Jeremy Clarkson an aviation fan
JC is a fan of everything motorised going faster then 40mph. You should see him speak about COncorde or the Blackbird, he's drooling like a baby.

Member for

21 years

I think that is was rebuilt after the accident. The accident was 29/04/2001 and the new registered owners Denmex Pty Ltd and Budbay Pty Ltd registered the aircraft 07/03/2005, so 4 years is plenty of time for a rebuild assuming the damage wasnt too bad.

However you would assume a pilotless landing would be a write off!

Member for

18 years 8 months

I'd like to add that I am watching "I'm a celebritiy get me out of here". I noticed the a/c they are parachuting out of is some dodgy little cessna like thing (type would be appreciated) however when I search the reg - VH-MMV i keep getting to a F27 can anyone provide an explanation

!

You cheeky person the Cessna 208 Caravan I is a brilliant aircraft.

James
Fokker Fan

Member for

18 years 6 months

JC is a fan of everything motorised going faster then 40mph. You should see him speak about COncorde or the Blackbird, he's drooling like a baby.

JC is the man when it comes to cars, and also avaition...

Have any of you read his book "The World According To Clarkson"...? It is basically some of his best articles he wrote for his column in the Sunday Times. If not, I recommend it to you...especially the article about flying First Class (very funny!); and also the one about the Eurofighter (for you military minded people!)

He recently wrote an article comparing BA and Virgin, which someone posted on here a while back - that was very funny as well!

Member for

24 years 2 months

cloud 9 yep i got it on Special Offer in Gatwick in the summer and it is very good. Several references to aviation in a few articles and he knows his A320s from his B747s unlike someone on this forum...

Member for

24 years 2 months

Anyone heard the other news about topgear? They are finding it difficult to find a replacement airfield as they have been refused planning permission (at the new proposed site) for a race course as the council feared it would lead to increased emissions!

They say that dunsfold is ok for now but its being dug up for houses. What will happen to the B747 etc once this happens?

Member for

21 years

I also saw Dunsfold was to be built over. Cant say I'd heard anything about that locally, but then I havent been "local" for a little while I suppose...

Member for

18 years 3 months

Stig, lol! Wonder who it is.

Member for

18 years 4 months

clarksons got a lightning in his back yard

Member for

18 years 5 months

The Sitg was Perry McCarthy. Ben Collins also has done some of the Stig work.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The Sitg was Perry McCarthy. Ben Collins also has done some of the Stig work.

Theres my reason to keep watching gone :( :(

Member for

18 years 5 months

Ah I said "was"...he has been replaced recently......

Member for

18 years 8 months

If Dunsfold is being turned into a Housing estate people living there will probly moan about the sound of air traffic going into LGW.

James

Member for

18 years 10 months

A little "Off Topic" but did anyone see the Winter Olympic Top Gear?

The Stig on the Skidoo going down the Ski Jump... :eek:

He's a CRAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYYYY Man.