BA & VA to USA

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

Can anyone tell me what aircraft Virgin Atlantic use to Las vegas and BA use to Phoenix Sky Harbor? As far as i can tell these are the only airlnes that operate these routes from the London airports. If there are any others plaese let me know. ;)

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

BA use the B744 to Phoenix, VS use the also use the B744 from LGW to LAS.

I would choose BA. :)

Flex 35

Member for

18 years 8 months

BA use the B744 to Phoenix, VS use the also use the B744 from LGW to LAS.

I would choose BA. :)

Flex 35

VS also yous the A346 on the route.

James

Member for

19 years 8 months

VS also yous the A346 on the route.

Nope. VS serve LAS from LGW and there's no A346's based at LGW.

Andy

Member for

19 years 8 months

Thanks for that. I don't think I'l have a choice anyway- it's a school trip and we're flying into LAS and out of PHX. I don't even know if we're going from LGW or LHR, but given that we are in Cardiff I doubt we'll go from MAN.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Have a good school trip!

Well one day you'll be able to add "Sound Air" to that list (my airline)
I'd chose VA over BA, mainly because of that article by Jeremy Clarkson posted on here a while ago, he speaks the truth, no more and no less, and he said VA were far better and for a similar price.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Nope. VS serve LAS from LGW and there's no A346's based at LGW.

Andy

I ment LHR sorry :D At LGW they do base a single A343.

James

Member for

19 years 8 months

I missed that ariticle, but even though I haven't had any expericance of flying with either on a long haul flight, I'd go for VA first, just becuase they generally seem to have more hype and appeal, amoung my mates anyway. Ya know what I mean, they just seem a bit more lively and to offer that little bit extra, whereas the image of BA seems to be quite boring and bland. Anyway, I'm not going till Febuary 2007 so you might just get your airline in the air by then.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I ment LHR sorry :D At LGW they do base a single A343.

James

Nope, a 300 is brought down from LHR to operate the service. No VS A340's permanently reside at LGW.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've flown British Airways many times but only on domestic and short-haul international routes and, of course, I've flown Virgin Atlantic as well (recently, too).

Although both are great airlines, I'd have to go for Virgin Atlantic. I think its fair to say that the airline is slightly trendier than British Airways.