Still strangely obsessed with A1(Manx)Ltd

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I guess this thread will be closed down fairly quickly, we mustn't use the A1 swear word. However before it is I must share my thoughts and say that my sceptisim has been watered down a little bit today where A1 is concerned.

It seem the young chap is going to a lot of effort with this, I've checked with the IoM Financial Services Commission, Alpha One [Manx] Ltd was registered with them on 6 October 2005, it's registered offices are 8 St Georges St, Douglas, IoM, which are also the offices of Crowe Morgan, Chartered Accountants. http://www.crowemorgan.com/

If it's a sham, then he is spending a lot of money to keep us all guessing, offshore companies do not come cheap.

Original post

Member for

19 years 2 months

Now thats just cheeky, starting another thread with a different name :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 2 months

But it is new information which possibly gives a little more credence to Mr. Halstead's efforts. As EN830 points out he must be spending a certain amount of his investors money. Now, assuming he has an ex Platinum Jetstream, I wonder where it would go to be repainted?

Regards,

kev35

Member for

24 years 2 months

To incorporate an offshore company in the IoM, I would expect it to cost somewhere in the region of £2k, taking into account the registration fee and the administration.

It's not as simple as picking up the phone and buying a name, Crowe Morgan would have to under take some form of due diligence on the applicants wanting to use their offices as a registered address, I know here in Jersey establishment fees are up to and in some cases beyond £3k. It maybe that his parents already have connections with this company, in which case it wouldn’t be as involved. However he does seem to be doing a hell of a lot to keep the so called “sham” alive.

Member for

18 years 6 months

To incorporate an offshore company in the IoM, I would expect it to cost somewhere in the region of £2k, taking into account the registration fee and the administration.

It's not as simple as picking up the phone and buying a name, Crowe Morgan would have to under take some form of due diligence on the applicants wanting to use their offices as a registered address, I know here in Jersey establishment fees are up to and in some cases beyond £3k. It maybe that his parents already have connections with this company, in which case it wouldn’t be as involved. However he does seem to be doing a hell of a lot to keep the so called “sham” alive.

This may well be true however an alternative (unlikely) theory is that he has the airline sorted and all looks healthy therefore keeping Crowe Morgan interested.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just spoken to BAA Southampton, who have confirmed that A1[Manx]Ltd will be operating a twice daily services to IoM.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I am trying very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt !!!!

Member for

19 years 11 months

I guess this thread will be closed down fairly quickly, we mustn't use the A1 swear word.
Why would the designation of a major road in the East of England be a swear word, Ian? :confused:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Why would the designation of a major road in the East of England be a swear word, Ian? :confused:

It's not, but as you seem to have an issue with the phrase Alpha One, I thought I would save your blushes and sensitivities.

Member for

18 years 6 months

I just came across this piece which may have come from Airline Business magazine on the recent Routes Conference....

======================

Routes is also a good place to see the shape of things to come, and there were plenty of start-ups vying for attention. Teen tycoon Martin Halstead was one of those. Halstead is setting up his own UK-based regional carrier, Alpha One Airways, and had a constant stream of airports queuing up to talk to the 19-year old. “People seem nervous of my age, particularly at first,” said Halstead. “But as soon as we start to talk they realise that we are doing this properly.”

If in 20 years’ time he is addressing the IATA annual general meeting as the next Richard Branson, Halstead will be able to look back to Routes 2005 as the even where it all began.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Is there anywhere we can place bets on how long the thread will last? The last one did over a month, which I believe counts as a bit of a success!

Member for

19 years 11 months

It's not, but as you seem to have an issue with the phrase Alpha One, I thought I would save your blushes and sensitivities.
Stuff and nonsense, dear fellow!

I have no problem at all with the phrase Alpha One - there, I used it myself - but I do have a problem with any individual being subjected to personal insults and playground name-calling.

However since you would never stoop to such depths there's no problem, is there? :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

No name calling, you can get band for that or less, conjecture possibly, hinting, yes, name calling no.

I've had a brief flick through the last post's on the previous Alpha One thread http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?p=769613#post769613 to ascertain if it had degenerated into name calling or the like. Nope !!! It was buzzing along quite happily, it just appears that you had decided that you were bored with it and therefore it should go.

Member for

18 years 6 months

No name calling, you can get band for that or less, conjecture possibly, hinting, yes, name calling no.

I've had a brief flick through the last post's on the previous Alpha One thread http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?p=769613#post769613 to ascertain if it had degenerated into name calling or the like. Nope !!! It was buzzing along quite happily, it just appears that you had decided that you were bored with it and therefore it should go.

Agreed, I was surprised to find it closed, I could not find fault with it, so we ask Why?

Member for

19 years 10 months

It's been done and dusted now. Why not continue A1 conversations in here?

Member for

19 years 11 months

Ahhhh..... the Mod-baiting season is upon us once again. :rolleyes:

Now, about this here airline..... is it definite about the J31 then? I'm getting a bit confused by all these type changes.

Probably a naive question, but I was wondering whether a pilot would need to be individually rated for each type (eg PA31, BN2A, J31, etc) or whether there is a "class rating" that would cover several types in this weight category.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Well a P31 i beleive can be operated on a CPL (Commercial Pilots Licence), but a turboprop, the J-31 in this case, would require an ATPL (Airline Transport Pilots Licence).

Member for

24 years 2 months

Who's mod baiting ? We just queried why a perfectly good thread was closed for no reason. A bit paranoid aren't we ?

What ever aircraft it is going to be, has to be on line by 7 November, however I don't see much call for a route from Southampton to the IoM. If it does happen, I wouldn't want to do it in a BN2A, it would be all that comfortable.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Who's mod baiting ? We just queried why a perfectly good thread was closed for no reason. A bit paranoid aren't we ?

What ever aircraft it is going to be, has to be on line by 7 November, however I don't see much call for a route from Southampton to the IoM. If it does happen, I wouldn't want to do it in a BN2A, it would be all that comfortable.

Where did the BN2A come from, is this the latest in a long line of proposed fleet types, I believe with a small a/c the route would be viable - euromanx made it worth while for a bit - i still stand by my decision to say it won't launch though.

Whats the first thing you lot'll be doing on November 7th, i'll be watching sky News to see what story he's fed the media.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I think every type imaginable has been mentioned ;)

Member for

19 years 11 months

A bit paranoid aren't we ?
Who told you that?

They're watching me again, aren't they? :eek: