Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fly jet FJE803

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laviticus
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jul 2005

fly jet FJE803

Could any one help,i wonderd if any body knew about an incident that took place last night(17/10/05) on the flight from LARANACA to MANCHESTER or were i could find incidents reports etc.
    thanks dave..............
    Quam bene vivas refert, non quam diu.
  • tomfellows
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2005

what was meant to have happened then?
    Tom
    My Jetphotos album

Comment

• laviticus
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jul 2005

Sorry i deliberately left this thread to see if you chaps had read or heard something.
      flight FJE803 left laranaca almost 24 hours late on Monday evening.On take off a loud bang was heard by passengers and crew the aircraft maintained its course for Manchester ,over Manchester the aircraft circled to use up fuel on landing the pilot cut the engines and rolled it down the run way followed by fire and ambulance crew.The aircraft parked up at the far side of the run way and kept its passengers on board for over two hours.
      The things that worry me are the reports of no explanation to the passengers.
      The cabin crew in a obvious state of distress.
      One cabin crew member telling passengers that he didnt what to board the aircraft.
      Why keep the passengers and crew on board that long.
      My reason for the interest is my in laws were on the flight and where obviously frightened by the incident.Im trying to allay their fears of flying again by explaining that if the pilot thought it serious he would have put the aircraft back on the ground,any comments would be welcome.
      thanks dave.

Comment

• tomfellows
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Mar 2005

"A FlyJet Boeing 757-200 operating flight FJE803 from Larnaca to Manchester was forced to make an emergency landing at Manchester Airport on Monday after the crew reported a problem with one of its hydraulic systems. The aircraft made a safe landing around 2040 without the use of its flaps and was towed away from the runway as it was leaking hydraulic fluid." says www.justplanes.com

Scary, but as you say, the pilot knows what he's doing.
        Tom
        My Jetphotos album

Comment

• T5
          T5
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2000

Originally posted by laviticus
          if the pilot thought it serious he would have put the aircraft back on the ground
          I'd be scared, too.

It obviously wasn't a straightforward fault. Having to make an emergency landing and then to keep panic-stricken passengers on board for over 2 hours, with unsympathetic crew, is terrible.
          Michael

Comment

• David Kerr
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Sep 2004

Plus that flight also performed a go-around as it developed more problems whilst on final approach (these being the hydraulic problems - missed out on the "fun" on whar the initial problems were). If I remember correctly, the flight conducted the 2nd approach and subsequent landing whilst on the approach frequency and on the ground was advised of the fire service frequency; the runway in use reverted to 06L for other aircraft. One of the ops vehicles intimiated it would be a 10-15 minute procedure to tow off the 06R - I'm sure they waited for a lull in the proceedings before this manoeuvre happened (can't remember what time it occurred - perhaps 2120?)

David
            Comprehensive MAN movements? Click here.

First flight: BE371 EXT-MAN 03/08/07 on G-JEDM.

Comment

• laviticus
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jul 2005

Thanks guys,i knew you would help, its much appreciated especially as were booked on the exact same flight next year and every ones a bit apprehensive.I fount this story about the flight in the manchester on line.

manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/178/178464_hero_captain_in_jet_drama.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
              X