Few Cov pics.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

A few shot at Coventry today. :)

Dull and dreary as usual, but notice on one shot how big the crows are round here!!........they chase and eat aeroplanes you know!! :D

Cheers

Kev

Original post

Member for

19 years 7 months

Nice pics. Good to see some from a different airport.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Nice shots :)

Member for

18 years 11 months

Cheers chaps!

Certainly a 'different' airport some times.

In a day you can get 737,738,757,Electra,DC-6,DC-3,any'Classic Flight' aircraft(Venom,Rapide,Anson,Prentice..etc etc), An-72,ATR,F100,BAE146,Extra300,various private types,various helicopters (sometimes miltary), and other odds and ends such the occasional 'warbird' doing a low pass on their way through. :D

Kev

Member for

20 years 1 month

Is that the terminal in the bottom right photo? :rolleyes: :D

Member for

18 years 11 months

lol........no that's the Goodrem Nicholson warehouse. :D :D :D

The terminal isn't THAT big ;)

Kev

Member for

19 years 2 months

If you look out hard enough on the right days for a C152, callsign Atlantic 52, with a guy who obviously cant land to save his life....

...that'll be me!

Member for

20 years 11 months

Nice shots, do you ever get any heavy stuff in there?????

Member for

18 years 11 months

Blimey Murph is that you?? :eek:

I've often heard that callsign on my scanner when I'm working away at MAM.

Anyway I thought whole idea of landing WAS to save you life :D :D :D

Steve, I haven't seen anything really heavy in there, other than we used to get a regular Heavylift Hercules, or an occasional 707. :)

Cheers

Kev

Member for

20 years 5 months

Nice shots there. I cant say i evervisited Coventry when i used to live in that part of the world

Member for

19 years 2 months

Blimey Murph is that you?? :eek:

I've often heard that callsign on my scanner when I'm working away at MAM.

Anyway I thought whole idea of landing WAS to save you life :D :D :D

Well Atlantic 52, or 42 (I cant actually remember now, could be 42) is used by Atlantic Flight Training's two Cessna's. I'm doing my PPL with them with a view to move on to CPL etc etc, expensive but worth it, very well maintained (and indeed shiny...moving map GPS) aircraft and professional training.

Well life is very much saved, though a few of my bumps at Coventry have been biguns when it comes to landing. My best have been in Crosswinds bizzarely, I always have done things backwards.

It's good fun to do a crosswind final with a Thompsonfly 737 roaring up behind you as #2!