jet2 are pulling out of the BOH-BFS route

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 8 months

Hi all i heard a rumour that jet2 are pulling out of the BOH-BFS route because of not enough buisness and is it true that they might start BOH -PRG and BOH-EDI .

Regards
James

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Everyone knew BOH wouldnt last with the low pax. numbers it got. Odd they would start BOH to PRG and EDI when they a) called themselves "The Norths Lowcost Airline" and b) they dont have anything based at BOH!

Member for

18 years 11 months

Thought every body knew they where finishing at the End of October.

They should have started a Manchester flight before Flybe (southampton) Has.

Member for

20 years 1 month

EDI-BOH is, or was?, being considered by them, but it's gone quiet recently.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Air berlin to start a new route.
Air Berlin launches new route from Bournemouth (UK) to Paderborn (Germany)

Air Berlin is launching a new route from Bournemouth to Paderborn from the 17 December 2005. An Air Berlin 737-800 aircraft will service this route up to three times a week on Monday, Thursday and Saturday mornings. The flight times are as follows: Bournemouth 08:05 h – Paderborn 10:30 h / Paderborn 07:00 h – Bournemouth 07:20 h.

The route has been moved from Southampton to Bournemouth due to Bournemouth’s longer runway being more suited to cope with the technical demands of a fully occupied and fully fuelled aircraft. Additionally, the move caters to the high demand from Air Berlin’s customers in and from the South West of England.

James

Member for

24 years 2 months

Paderborn is a fantastic place. My Trip report will be up soon.

I have heard really good reports for Air Berlin (apart from when their prices are mentioned). BOH is strange move from SOU as its in the middle of no where (a bit like Padderborn) but i am confident Air Berlin dont make these decisions on a whim!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thought every body knew they where finishing at the End of October.

They should have started a Manchester flight before Flybe (southampton) Has.

Well it would have been difficult as FlyBE have been operating that route for years, and indeed before Jet2 had a base at MAN.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Well it would have been difficult as FlyBE have been operating that route for years, and indeed before Jet2 had a base at MAN.

Was flybe thinking of flying from BOH before they started flyng from SOU?

James